The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The written word versus DVD/Video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tejinajoka
View Profile
New user
UK
25 Posts

Profile of tejinajoka
I like DVD's but find learning from them difficult if there are multi phases to the trick (e.g. coins across/long card effects etc.) My solution is to write down a brief description of each phase and practice from that. It may be an age thing (wrong side of 70) but it works for me.
I have a library of magic books as Video's and DVD's were not available until Betamax in 1975 and have no idea when the first Video tutorial was released.
Don't think I am knocking DVD's (I have loads) I think they are a wonderful addition to learning and the shorter tricks are no problem to me. Just wondering what other members thoughts are on written format Vs. DVD.
If it's worth doing it's worth doing well. Philip Stanhope, 4th Earl of Chesterfield (U.K.) in 1746
tejinajoka
View Profile
New user
UK
25 Posts

Profile of tejinajoka
I e mailed Steve Brooks asking where I should post this topic and he advised me to post it in 'A tangled web we weave...' It is now locked there and has been moved here. Hope this is now deemed the right place.
If it's worth doing it's worth doing well. Philip Stanhope, 4th Earl of Chesterfield (U.K.) in 1746
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The written word versus DVD/Video (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL