The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Houdini's 1924 Lecture in Medford, Oregon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DaKine Oregon
View Profile
New user
Medford, Oregon
50 Posts

Profile of DaKine Oregon
A local history writer, Bill Miller, has a piece in today's Medford Mail Tribune entitled "History Snoopin': Showbiz Magic on the Whistle-Stop Tour" about a visit to Medford, Oregon in 1924 by Harry Houdini, who gave a lecture/demo on fraudulent mediumship.

http://mailtribune.com/news/top-stories/......top-tour

Hope you enjoy it,

Gordon
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Great post Gordon! Thank you for it.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Great article. it proves a lot of things I've been saying about Houdini. History is written by the winners.... Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
Does anyone remember the Magician who often appeared on Capt. Kangaroo - he wore a 'flaminco dancer' type costume- was very good, I think he was spanish. I remember an effect where He would cause an egg to appear, then smash it against an empty cage - making a canary appear. and many other effects.
DaKine Oregon
View Profile
New user
Medford, Oregon
50 Posts

Profile of DaKine Oregon
Russo- I think that may have been Reuben Bowen, who appeared on Captain Kangaroo as "Kajar The Magician". Here's a link to something he published with artist Jon Gnagy: http://www.jongnagyart.com/Jon_Gnagy_Art/Kajar.html
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
Could be - though 'sketch' doesn't look 'slick' enough - anyone else have an Idea??
DaKine Oregon
View Profile
New user
Medford, Oregon
50 Posts

Profile of DaKine Oregon
BTW, Reuben Bowen aka "Kajar The Magician" was married to Jean Darling who was an actor in the original Our Gang comedies during the Silent Era.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Houdini's 1924 Lecture in Medford, Oregon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL