The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Ultimate Die Penetration Instructions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
1546 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Hi All:

Can't find the instructions for my Ultimate Die Penetration. If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
7464 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I have instructions for things that I bought in the '40s. It's quite simple, really. File instructions by the EFFECT, NOT BY THE NAME OF THE PROP (rope, silks, coins, etc.) NOT BY WHOM YOU BOUGHT IT FROM, NOT BY THE CATALOG NAME, NOT BY THE PRICE, FILE IT BY THE EFFECT IT CREATES. THUS: PRODUCTION, VANISH, TRANSPOSITION, TRANSFORMATION, RESTORATION, LEVITATION, ANIMATION, PENETRATION, ETC.

A PROP like an EGG BAG, creates several EFFECTS (PRODUCTION/VANISH), Xerox, the instructions, and double file.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
1546 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Thanks, Dick. Very good advice, although sometimes hard to follow when you have severe ADD, which probably led to my current dilemma!

Would you happen to have instructions for the Block/Die Penetration filed somewhere?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
20794 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If that is the one by Viking Magic, then they may be able to help if you do not get any response from members.

They usually sell replacement instructions for a $10 fee.

Just in case you did not know.
Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
1546 Posts

Profile of gmeister
I believe it is, Bill, and I didn't.

It appears to be this one:

https://www.martinsmagic.com/allmagic/st......ing-mfg/

However I can't find it listed on Viking's site anymore.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
20794 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Viking makes a lot of "on run" magic items, and also orders items from Italy, Germany and other countries that never get to the U.S.

So "by Viking" may mean they built it themselves, or they are the only one's importing it. They never have said exactly what is actually their props and which are others.

Any way, would not hurt to contact George, and see if he can provide the instructions.
Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
1546 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Thanks again, Bill. I believe that it is German based on what I can find on it. I'll get in touch with Viking. But in the meantime if anyone has a copy please lrt me know.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
7464 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Sorry gmeister, I've never owned that prop. I use mostly generic props, like rope, silks, golf balls, coins (Misers Dream)cards (fancy shuffles & flourishes) plus a few "dedicated" props, like egg bag, mutilated parasol,and pom pon stick.

I understand ADD. Don't try to do the project all at once! Divide the filing project into short steps.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Ultimate Die Penetration Instructions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL