The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Compromised/ breached (652 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..24..29..34..39..44~45~46 [Next]
casco1
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of casco1
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2018, MazingMandy wrote:
Seems to me you could actually just use whatsapp Web for most of this.

If this is the method this is pure exposure, but I am quite sure it is not. Infact in a recent release they added a follow up message that arrives to the main phone associated to the account that you connected to through whatsapp web. So if this would be the method the spectator would know what you did almost immediately after the end of the effect.
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
I don't know if it's the method, it just occurred to me. I use it personally, and don't remember receiving any messages either as texts, emails or WhatsApp messages. It's possible I'm not on the latest release although I did update in the last few days and used WhatsApp Web just today.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2018, casco1 wrote:
Quote:
Seems to me you could actually just use whatsapp Web for most of this.

If this is the method this is pure exposure, but I am quite sure it is not. Infact in a recent release they added a follow up message that arrives to the main phone associated to the account that you connected to through whatsapp web. So if this would be the method the spectator would know what you did almost immediately after the end of the effect.

That’s not what happened in the performance video for this. The spec thought of contact that was used for the first phase (you divine whom they thought of and sent a message to) in the second phase he had the spec think of a new message on the spot to send to the contact whilst their phone is locked and in a pseudo hypnosis/amnesia presentation, they unlock their phone to find that the message they thought up on the spot to hypothetically send to that contact has in fact already been sent to that contact.
casco1
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of casco1
Quote:
I don't know if it's the method, it just occurred to me. I use it personally, and don't remember receiving any messages either as texts, emails or WhatsApp messages. It's possible I'm not on the latest release although I did update in the last few days and used WhatsApp Web just today.

Yeah, it sends a message only when you connect to the phone using a new device for the first time.
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
432 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2018, casco1 wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, it sends a message only when you connect to the phone using a new device for the first time.

Not if you use the QR pairing method.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

so I have read the book twice already, and have the book in front of me.

This is not just limited to WhatsApp, you can also use the native messaging system from the phone as well.

Now, using the alternate method that does not use whatsapp is a different setup, which I think is good, but in my case, for example, everyone here uses WhatsApp so its better to use WhatsApp here.

for those that don't know whatsapp or don't know people that have it or use it, no worries, you can use other method described in the book, but it is more work, but I think in the end totally worth it, for the pay off.

The alternate method, kind of reminds me of Nate Staniforth Lottery Ticket book, in which the method required setup but once you set it up, you were golden, and the pay off was great.

In the book Ryan explains the justification for getting a spectator to hand over their phone, as well as several routines you can use with it, like Q&A, and One-ahead.

The Call Me effect, where a spectator thinks of a contact and that contact calls the spectator on the phone, that is included in the book. Method is a bit bold, but I think its worth the risk, I mean spectator doesn't know what we are going to do anyway, and everything is justified.

Now I am happy with just the WhatsApp method described in the book, and that is the one that I have been using since I learned it last week.

I think most people will have a secret weapon that they can pull out at a moments notice, whether you use Whatsapp or not, practice makes perfect in this kind of routine, and you can practice on yourself.

I practiced all one night using 2 phones, so I could get the timing down and gist of the routine.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
MitchellK
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of MitchellK
Quote:
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2018, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2018, MitchellK wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2018, Sean Gem wrote:
Amanda and Mitchell,

Thanks so much for your replies.
And nice to see some good reviews coming in from purchasers.

I’m not a WA user but still considering this...

You don’t need WhatsApp yourself to perform this. Smile

But the spec does?

To do the version shown in the video yes. I'd imagine a non WhatsApp version is included as an out which won't be as strong.

You’re doing an awful lot of speculation. The text version is not an out for the effect in the video. Making a text or call send to their phone from the person they text is possible using the secondary method, which requires a little set up and a little clean up. Very easily justifiable/hidden. The WhatsApp version need no clean up, once set up CANNOT go wrong, and takes 5 seconds to set up, which is once again, totally justified and very simple.
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
And unethical
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Hi All,

Is anyone who ordered this from Ryan and paid either last friday or last weekend in the UK still awaiting for it to turn up?

Still waiting for mine quite anxious now.

Regards
Dr Rob.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2018, DrRob wrote:
Hi All,

Is anyone who ordered this from Ryan and paid either last friday or last weekend in the UK still awaiting for it to turn up?

Still waiting for mine quite anxious now.

Regards
Dr Rob.

Yes I ordered last week and hasn't turned up. I live in the UK.

Sleepy
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Hi Sleepy,

I did PM a couple of the people in the post who have received theirs to find out what royal mail service was used as being we paid £5 I had expected it to be first class recorded in the UK but what Ive noticed recently that us UK purchasers have been partially paying to have the international sellers items shipped !

Not received any reply from those whom have already received theirs to answer the above question.

Regards
Dr Rob
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I imagine my wait in the States will be a bit longer than you all. Still, looking forward to it at some point.
Johnsypoppins
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Johnsypoppins
Also still waiting and paid a couple of weeks back (in the UK), here’s hoping for tomorrow 🤞
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Anybody in the UK received theirs?
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
I think some have I wanted to know how they were sent as they seem to be very very slow in arriving Ash.

Dr Rob
Johnsypoppins
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Johnsypoppins
Still nothing here... for a fiver this is extremely slow, I mean even 2nd class would usually have been here by now 😬

Here’s hoping for tomorrow then 🤞
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
True! Very slow indeed! I am hoping soon as well. Patience is truly a virtue Smile
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Let's hope it comes tomorrow. 🙏
Mud Magic Art
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Mud Magic Art
I received mine last week. I was one of the first to order so maybe Ryan is sending them out based on when the order was made.
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
What service did he use Mud Magic Art ?
I did ask you but you didn't reply.

Cheers
Dr Rob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Compromised/ breached (652 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..24..29..34..39..44~45~46 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL