The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Looking For Single Coin Bag (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
...for use in coin to impossible locations, like the old SS Adams "Coin In Box," or the "Coin In Ball Of Yarn." I'm particularly in search of a bag that will work with the Ball Of Yarn version I use, as I need something to avoid the rattle after it is placed in the metal box and the spectator is unraveling the ball of yarn. I also think it adds an extra bit of suspense and impossibility as the box is opened and the quarter is only shown after the bag is opened. The Adam's trick used to come with a bag but is now a plastic sleeve. And I've done the internet searches and cannot find anything small enough. Any ideas other than DIY?
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Souvenir and novelty shops that sell small polished stones or crystals often also sell little cloth drawstring bags to store them in. Some of those might be small enough for your needs (housing a coin, instead of a rock).
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2018, karnak wrote:
Souvenir and novelty shops that sell small polished stones or crystals often also sell little cloth drawstring bags to store them in. Some of those might be small enough for your needs (housing a coin, instead of a rock).

Yes, I looked for "gemstone" bags but all seem too large for my needs. But thanks for the response.
jim ferguson
View Profile
Veteran user
Ayrshire, Scotland
386 Posts

Profile of jim ferguson
The problem with a drawstring bag is that the string won't be drawn tight when the wool is unwound.

Adding a little foam/sponge to the inside bottom and lid of the box may hold the coin in place securely, and stop the sound issue.

Jim
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Cut a finger or thumb off a glove and poke some holes for a drawstring.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Years ago I just stitched up some material to make my own little bag for my SS Adams box. doesn't need to be anything fancy.
Used a rubber band to "seal" the bag the same way as the original.
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
Adams still sells the boxes with the bags for like $5. I know The Magic Apple carries them.
National First Vice President
The Society of American Magicians
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
We can custom make anything you want. we make custom bags all the time.

are you looking for something as small as the SS Adams trick?

PM me if you're interested.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2018, stempleton wrote:
...for use in coin to impossible locations, ...

Packet of sugar/sweetener? Stapled coin collector folder envelope? A folded up piece of paper which has some writing on it - or even a chewing gum package?

If you're nice to someone who knits or crochets... other much more yarn-related options are available including tiny ball of yarn in plastic bag and, baby socks... tiny toy animals...

"...and you said your favorite pet while growing up was..." (you may was well go all the way and Koran Medallion the name of the pet onto a tag around its collar)...

have fun,

JonT
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Looking For Single Coin Bag (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL