The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Ian Maltbys ESP Elite , a review (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Review of ESP Elite by Ian Maltby
Years ago I bought an electronic item from Ian titled Mental Visions ( it was later put out by Magicbox in a updated guise ) . I can honestly say it was and still is an item I use regularly .Ian upgraded to a smaller sensor on the unit and offered to replace it for me free of charge , I never took him up on the offer because I was using it so frequently ,and it had such an impact , that I didn’t want to have it out of my hands for even a week . It has served me superbly , never failed and is built to withstand all sorts.
When Ian messaged me to say he had a new item he was working on and explained what it was I was sold immediately . A month on and I’m the super proud owner of ESP Elite ( first unit made )
On receipt of the parcel I more or less ripped it open , I was that eager to see. I’m seldom excited about new items but knew this was going to be delightful . The unit and accompanying bits and pieces come housed in an aluminium case to protect the equipment . On opening it I took a moment to look at the overall package . It looks exquisite and rivals some effects that are put out at 4 or 5 times the price . Everything is seated in dark grey foam to sit snug in the case and is laid out well.
The instructions are clear ,easy to read and simple to understand .
The unit itself is visually appealing with an old but not too weathered look to it A rich stained wooden case ,glass topped with five ESP symbols laid out on it .To compliment it a gold ,all seeing eye coin in a protective case .
I’ll not go into details on the electronics internally but will say that I know Ian is thorough in his builds, quality of materials used ,testing ,re testing and the asthetics of his work ( beautiful and bomb proof is my description ) .
The unit will signal solid clear transmissions to a discreet body worn receiver .Initially Ian told me he had tested it to 37 feet ,which is plenty .However I ventured out with my brother and a rangefinder and can say that we achieved 103 yards ( 309 feet ) and had to stop there due to field boundries .
For a chap who is self taught in the electronics arena it has to be said that Ian has excelled with this item .
I’m more than delighted with it .I’ve given myself a headache running through all the possibilities for its use . Its an affordable item ( I’d personally say Ian is selling himself short ) ,built to last and looks the business . It has my thorough recommendations .
E.O.I
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Interesting review.
Good build up of tension, particularly the descriptive opening of the packaging.
Fine use of superlative hyperbolic adjectives to describe the qualities of this item.
One minor complaint; I have no idea what so ever what this is you're reviewing!
ELECTRONIC MAGICIAN
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of ELECTRONIC MAGICIAN
Hi Ed,

I am the inventor of ESP ELITE.

The routine is as follows: The performer introduces a wooden frame containing ESP symbols. The spectator is asked to cast their eyes over the symbols, and is then given a gold coin depicting The All Seeing Eye. The performer is then blindfolded and can leave the room if so wished.

The spectator is asked to think of any symbol and cover it with the coin. The performer explains they can change their mind - it is a totally free choice.

At the conclusion the Performer instructs the spectator to remove the coin from the board.

Only at this point does the Performer remove the blindfold and return to join the spectator.

With absolutely no questions asked and no fishing, the performer is able to reveal the symbol chosen by the spectator, and if they thought of another symbol before their final choice.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Link
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Ian Maltbys ESP Elite , a review (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL