We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Ace magic studio's Mind Peek case (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
16855 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Price £59
https://acemagicstudio.com/product/mind-peek/

i looked past the the sub-standard demo and took a punt on it. I understood what was in play (partially) and thought it might be quite useful.
You get a nicely printed colour booklet, some business cards, the mind peek case.
I have fed back to Gary Sumpter about my issues with this release and he's said "fair enough - its the first bad feedback I've had".

Soooo....
The clasp is fiddly, by that I mean it doesn't always open consistently and forces you to manhandle (or womanhandle) the thing too much to give a clean opening of the case. I've been told it can wear in, however, over the past two days, I've found that not to be (pardon the pun) the case. Its still temperamental.
There's a secondary gimmick that is inside the case, meaning that you only have about a dozen 'live' business cards in the case. And as you can see in the vid demo, even the inventor fusses a little over the replacing of the written on business card. I also think this secondary gimmick is un-needed, if the gimmicked side was just a single piece of "stuff" that went the full width of the panel. YOu would then easily lift up the rest of the regular cards, let them pop it in themselves and drop the rest of the cards back on top. I feel this would be an improvement and make the handling a lot more simple.

For nearly sixty quid, a big thumbs down from me - however! if you have one and love it - would like to understand what I am clearly missing!

i'd give it 4/10. Some of the thinking certainly makes sense, but I don't think its been implemented well...

thanks,
iain
NEW - ULTERIOR - close up stuff
BOOKTEST - DREAM PSYCHOLOGY | BRUTISHLY STARLIT - READINGS COMPENDIUM
www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Ace magic studio's Mind Peek case (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL