The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vortex Magic Presents Penilism (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Thanks for that review.

It looks like they bought silver and black pens and switched the grips on them:)

Looks identical though Dural, don’t it ?
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Mr. Dural
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Mr. Dural
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Well hot dog.
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I wonder if the magic/mentalism realm is the only place where someone can find a manufactured item that may have an unintended use and sell it for ridiculous mark ups. Well, I guess you are also getting 'the routines'....

BTW - I like this one better:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008BH......F8&psc=1

It's not cheaper, but it twists so that you always get the color you want. It's just red/black/pencil though.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
I like the twist version too.

Think I can replace the red with blue ink?
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Matttr
View Profile
New user
averaging 2 posts per year, I'm now at:
9 Posts

Profile of Matttr
I have to agree about the twistable pens. I find them much easier to work with. You don't have to move your hand to the end of the pen and can even get proficient at changing the colour mid-writing by twisting.

I own Penilism, and it does come with a 40 minute video, which has some good ideas within it. The two issues that were immediately apparent with the pen are covered in the video. The first issue being the markings on the end of the pen. The video suggests that these would not be noticed by a spec. Not sure about that - especially if you hand it out. The spectator may not mention it, but they would definitely notice it. I'd also think that a small proportion of spectators may even have come across a pen like the one bundled with Penilism, and know exactly what it is. I know I had (once it arrived!).

The other issue I have with the pen is the click sound as the colour is changed. Again, this is covered by the video, and there is a method to reduce this noise to an acceptable level. But really, if you're selling a product with the exact intention of hiding the colour-change, surely you would choose a pen that lends itself to this without any special handling. This is another reason why I prefer the twistable pens.

The gimmicked envelope that is bundled, looks to be very useful, and I can see several applications for it. As far as the bundled pen is concerned, I'll stick to my Cross Tech 3+ for a good multi-colour pen.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CROSS-Multi-Fun......00BFWJTO

Yes - it's more expensive, but it does the job significantly better in my opinion.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Selling mine for $20 free shipping. Smile
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vortex Magic Presents Penilism (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL