The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tic Tac Toe Pro by Bond Lee (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
This is such an amazing prediction.
Congrats to Bond Lee, I can see so many magicians adding this beautiful routine to their repertoire.

More info:
Stage: http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=61973
Parlor: http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=61972

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
john G
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of john G
Looks cool but too expensive imo
John
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Price is fair. I think I spent the same for the Mona Lisa puzzle prediction 10 years ago. I like that it can be broken down (packs flat) and has custom image reveals.

The contents state:
* 6 pieces made of acrylic plastic, all held together by magnets
* Total of 9 pieces of X's and O's

How are the images loaded? What are the system requirements (if electronic/digital)?
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Not expensive enough, if it does what it proposes.

In that regard, I'd like to see a full video performance.
Demo video (aside from having a bad audio mix) is slick, but missing a lot of the work.

Also confused by the "6 pieces of acrylic...9 pieces of X's and O's" description.

Finally - I assume that we provide our own custom artwork for the reveal?

e
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
A China shop has been selling this type of thing for years, and a thread I joined is here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

The main flaw with the one posted on the previous thread is that you cannot trade back and forth with yourself and audience members when doing the X's and O's positions... there are some, what I consider, obvious cheats going on. In fact, I purchased it used several months ago and the accompanying insutructions indicated you place a tile in a certain position no matter what the audience member calls out.

Now, I worked with the methodology for weeks on how to do it "fairly," alternating the choices with the audience members, and it's tough, but I found a way. The work gets even tougher making sure the tiles all line up correctly for the back image to be orientated correctly. Again, it can be done, but it's a lot of work. Perhaps this new version allows this to happen much easier. Perhaps not. I will be interested in a review when available.

I can say this new version looks more sturdily constructed. The version I have uses a metal grid that must be assembled, and the tiles are made of a cardboard like material with magnets covered (not very well) with border tape. Also, you must provide your own image to mount yourself from a local or online printer.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

The Tic Tac Toe format makes it universal as well.

My cheapest puppet cost more than the stage version of this trick.

I'll buy if I know the back end requirements meet the resources I currently have.

If all that is required is a laptop to program the image (if that is how it works) then I'm set. But, if it requires an IPhone X with a specific IOS then... not so much.

I'm guessing above and have no real understanding of how this works.
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 25, 2018, stempleton wrote:
A China shop has been selling this type of thing for year...

^This.

Thanks for the info. I'll wait for more info before jumping in.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
I was already tempted to buy years ago but now even more. This is perfect for corporate but I would love to see a full performance
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

A little worried now. Watched the demo final reveals and noted a set pattern. The orientation changed but the pattern remained; with a small variation in one row on 2 reveals. Still, not bad but I was hoping for 'free choice' on the tile placements. That is the impossible factor.
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2018, eSamuels wrote:
Also confused by the "6 pieces of acrylic...9 pieces of X's and O's" description.

Hi Eric!

I believe that this refers to the 6 pieces of CLEAR acrylic that, once assembled, constitute the grid/board - the 9 other pieces are the X's and O's.

Is this just a re-dressing (and ready made props) of the classic Tic-Tac-Toe Prediction made popular by Mark Wilson, Osterlind, and others? I don't say that as a negative - simply trying to understand what this is.

It's not an earth-shattering effect but using it as a means to a branded reveal it definitely has it's place.

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2018, Mike Gainor wrote:

I'll buy if I know the back end requirements meet the resources I currently have.

If all that is required is a laptop to program the image (if that is how it works) then I'm set. But, if it requires an IPhone X with a specific IOS then... not so much.

? What am I missing? Isn't the reveal image simply cut into nine squares and put on the back of the Xs and Os? The fact that the image is correct proves you predicted the order they would be placed in?

s
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I went ahead and pre ordered the Tic Tac Toe Pro (Parlor) Looks crazy cool. Hope its as good as it looks. Bond Lee has some great stuff.
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
My main reservation about using this as anything other than a quick impromptu demonstration is the "Google-ability" of the technique...

As others have mentioned - if this ratchets up the impossibility factor than I might jump on board.

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 25, 2018, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:

? What am I missing? Isn't the reveal image simply cut into nine squares and put on the back of the Xs and Os? The fact that the image is correct proves you predicted the order they would be placed in?

s

I don't know, that is why I was asking. The images appeared very sharp so I assumed it was a digital display. I was hoping there would be a statement that you either print your own images or upload them.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 25, 2018, DrewBstoss wrote:
... if this ratchets up the impossibility factor than I might jump on board.

Best,

Drew

Or buy 2...
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
A little worried now. Watched the demo final reveals and noted a set pattern. The orientation changed but the pattern remained; with a small variation in one row on 2 reveals. Still, not bad but I was hoping for 'free choice' on the tile placements. That is the impossible factor.

well, the goal is to win, so if you've played tic-tac-toe, you know there are logical moves/common patterns...
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:

s

I don't know, that is why I was asking. The images appeared very sharp so I assumed it was a digital display. I was hoping there would be a statement that you either print your own images or upload them. [/quote]
This isn't a high-tech effect.

Ad says it comes with Photoshop files.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 25, 2018, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:

well, the goal is to win, so if you've played tic-tac-toe, you know there are logical moves/common patterns...

Since it is shown on the demo video I'm not shining I don't think this is 'revealing'.
Center is always O.
Middle row is always OOX/XOO
There is a slight variation in the '3rd' row which appears to allow free play without offsetting the image.

It may be nothing, but I noticed the pattern.
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
As mentioned (by a few people), the principle at play on the 'front end,' is well established.
So I suspect that in order to get the 'back end' right, it's just a matter of controlling which piece you select (next) and in which orientation.

But I must admit that I am still a tad confused as to just how clean it is.
As such, would still like to see a full performance demo.

Also - would be very cool if this was a game played between two audience members without the performer's participation.
Clearly this would negate the effectiveness of the method in play - but solving this creative challenge might well be worthy of some ponder-time Smile

e
john G
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of john G
I think a small close up version would be really cool
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tic Tac Toe Pro by Bond Lee (18 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL