The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Lit 2018 (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
1972 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Yeah that website said they cater mostly to businesses who buy in bulk that is why the shipping is so expensive for one box. But I don't need 1,000 books which would be excessive for me and take up a lot of room. 100 at a time is plenty as I can use who whole book mostly each time down to two matches. Also I thought the Matchbooks Plain White 50 Pack by D.D. Bean & Sons are both white front and back? In pics that I seen they look "plain white" as stated. And yeah I know you get 52 different cards which is good as if you do it at restaurants and others happen to see it from another table, they may remember and wonder why it always the same card. Did you order from Theory11 or Penguin? I like to order from Penguin as they have the instructions usually always in video and download.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1231 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I ordered it from Penguin. Some creators don't allow Penguin to offer the explanation videos on Penguins site. Theory 11 chose not to allow it. I followed the explanation link to Theory 11's site and watched (but did not download) the video there.

Quote:
On Jul 15, 2018, sirbrad wrote:
Yeah that website said they cater mostly to businesses who buy in bulk that is why the shipping is so expensive for one box. But I don't need 1,000 books which would be excessive for me and take up a lot of room. 100 at a time is plenty as I can use who whole book mostly each time down to two matches. Also I thought the Matchbooks Plain White 50 Pack by D.D. Bean & Sons are both white front and back? In pics that I seen they look "plain white" as stated. And yeah I know you get 52 different cards which is good as if you do it at restaurants and others happen to see it from another table, they may remember and wonder why it always the same card. Did you order from Theory11 or Penguin? I like to order from Penguin as they have the instructions usually always in video and download.
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science.
~Albert Einstein
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
1972 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Where is the instructional video? I do not see it in mypenguinmagic there is no "learn" button.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
1972 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
OK I see a password on the lid flap, but the streaming does not work with my older web browser that I use for my older PC. Any YouTube links? I hate this streaming garbage and this is the last thing that I buy that does not have a DVD. Penguin's videos work fine though. There should be a download link because I can download it then and view with my own VLC player.
ike_hill
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of ike_hill
What method is Dan using for the force? I'm not a big card guy and it looks Get Sharkey-ish to me but it appears to be bikes. Does anybody have a link to what he is using? Thanks in advance for any help.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1231 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
It is explained in the download. If you see how he forces the card to Jimmy Fallon, it is fairly obvious the force that is involved.

Quote:
On Aug 30, 2018, ike_hill wrote:
What method is Dan using for the force? I'm not a big card guy and it looks Get Sharkey-ish to me but it appears to be bikes. Does anybody have a link to what he is using? Thanks in advance for any help.
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science.
~Albert Einstein
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2422 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I have these gimmicks in my Weapons deck from Eric Ross !
kebmo3108
View Profile
New user
Vienna, Austria
25 Posts

Profile of kebmo3108
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2018, john G wrote:
Is there a handling that does not require the first phase because I do not want to eat a lit match and fire would not work in my environments

I saw Joshua Jay doing a routine on TV for the hosts (can be found on youtube). He combines LIT with his Phantom Deck. His Idea to have the spectator choose a card and putting it away for later is awesome. His routine is super streamlined and for my taste so much better than eating a match. Hope this helps.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Lit 2018 (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL