The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » June Horowitz passing (former IBM President) (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
In case you have not heard, per Jeff Brodrick, Grand Rapids Ring 211 President, June Horowitz passed away on June 27. June was probably the oldest past president of the International Brotherhood of Magicians. The Linking Ring would carry articles about June from time to time. I am not sure of her age, but it was over 100.

I have had the great fortune of meeting June at various Ring 211 meetings or at Abbott's Get-Togethers over the years when I used to drive up for them from Kalamazoo. June performed close up and card magic, and was a featured closeup performer at Abbott's. June also was one of the kindest and most encouraging magicians you could ever meet. She loved to show and teach the probably thousands of tricks she knew/had seen. Always a big smile on her face.

"A great loss for all. She was a great person. We will miss her deeply."- Randy Vander Wal of Ring 211.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
June was indeed a sweet lady who truly loved Magic and Magicians. Now she's with Sam and I'll bet he has a ton of new jokes to tell her. RIP

Julie
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I met June when I lived in Michigan over 20 years ago. She was never too busy to help out or make a suggestion. She was truly a great inspiration to us all. She'll be missed.
Where the magic begins
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
June was an inspiration to me as a Woman.

R.I.P. June.

-Mary Mowder
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
She was my "other mother". Whenever my school tour took me through the Grand Rapids area, she would insist that I be a house guest. Sam and I would swap Jewish/Catholic jokes, after a delightful dinner. Her father, Abe Warsaw, was a magician, too.

June has a STAR on the sidewalk, in Colon, Michigan! She was a most delightful lady. I will not forget her friendship.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Just found this thread. June sent a blanket when my son was born many years ago. She still was attending the Abbott's Get Togethers up until last year. We often kidded Sam when June was the first IBM female president, that he was the first lady. June could handle her chops with cards and magic. If you wanted to get her upset try to treat her as a woman spectator and talk down to her. A few of the young guys learned that the hard way at FFFF.
Rest in Peace. I am sure you are catching up with Sam and lot of old friends.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
If I remember correctly, Sam had a tee shirt with: "I'm not the president", or something like that....
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Sawi
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Sawi
Rest in peace June, a lovely, kind lady who had a positive impact on so many lives. x
Patrick Talsma
View Profile
New user
Grand Rapids Mi.
3 Posts

Profile of Patrick Talsma
I have fond memories of both June and Sam.
I met them when I was a junior member of IBM 211.
I am returning to magic in my fiftys.
And remember her kindness and humor.
Kindness to all us young magicians.
Positively influenced and so fond of June,
In fact one of my doves was named after her.
One amusing story I’ll never forget.
After the monthly meetings,
we would invade a local big boy restaurant .
We would entertain/torture the restaurant staff.
We would entertain each other too performing
With various table objects.. June proceeded to stick
Broken pieces of toothpicks on her face,
Sending everyone into roars of laughter!
What a great memory. June was the genuine
Article. She was the best!
I
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
At www.mlive.com/grand-rapids put "June Horowitz" in the search box. An excellent, well written, extensive and fully researched article about June's life has been published.Thanks Randy Vander Wal for letting us know about this terrific story. We'll all miss June at Abbott's in August.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » June Horowitz passing (former IBM President) (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL