The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cheap effects ($10-$30) you love ??? Please tell us! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sophocles
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Sophocles
In the forum "Tricks & Effects" there is an excellent thread called "Very Inexpensive tricks you Love?? Please tell us about". In that thread numerous great and cheap effects of around $5 were discussed: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0

I would like to start this thread where you can post effects in the $10-$30 range that you love. The obvious reason being that effects can be quite expensive running at $100+ while there are cheap effects $10-$30 where you can get a lot of mileage out of. This is helpful to magicians looking to build their prop inventory or hobbyists who would like to buy some nice props but not spend a lot. I will start this off:

My favorites:
Candy Factory
Diminishing milk glasses
Comedy glass in paper
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1196 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
Sidewalk shuffle, Needle through balloon. I use these both a lot, and get much mileage from them.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2719 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Professor's Nightmare, coloring book...both are dirt cheap and are considered classics for a reason.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6384 Posts

Profile of bowers
A TT I get a lot of milege with it.
Todd
Sophocles
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Sophocles
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2018, bowers wrote:
A TT I get a lot of milege with it.
Todd

Thank you bowers, but this thread is for effects that cost $10+ but below $30. What would you add to the TT to get us above $10?

Personally, I like the TT with Rabbit and Hat Silk set: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/10009
That would qualify for this thread as the silks are $10-20.

So if you could please add (as in my example above) or would like to contribute an additional effect you love (at $10+) then that would be great! Thank you.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3214 Posts

Profile of Julie
C/S coin.
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1565 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
Sponge bunnies. Not only does it kill, I actually like performing it. It's fun watching the reactions.

Double Back
Magic is the bacon in the breakfast of life.

God bless you and have a magical day
Magikgym
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Magikgym
Meir Yedid's "Finger Fantasies" dvd. If I don't have coins or cards on me it allows me do perform something impromptu anytime. It always draws a nice reaction.
Sawi
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Sawi
I love the rainbow ribbon and use Jeff McBride's presentation for it. A touching, motivating and memorable piece.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3540 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I always carry a "Wha The" by Rodger Lovins. Gets people up and moving no matter where you are.
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1565 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
There are many things available from the late Aldo Colombini that are 10 dollars. I recommend looking into these. Ring and rope routines, cards, etc. I frequently use Contact Colors and Jumbo Coincidence when performing.

Here's a link to Wild-Colombini Magic at Magic Shop San Diego: https://www.magicshopsandiego.com/collec......%20Magic

I'm sure you can also find them elsewhere.
Magic is the bacon in the breakfast of life.

God bless you and have a magical day
saysold1
View Profile
Inner circle
Recovering Cafe addict with only
9902 Posts

Profile of saysold1
The SVENPAD® of course - the #1 force in the world. I recommend the black minis.

The pads are a utility device - which means unlimited uses as opposed to a single effect.

Also how about "Mental Yarn" by Bill Goldman? A powerhouse.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cheap effects ($10-$30) you love ??? Please tell us! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL