The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Introducing the new "QB3-PCE" (Quantum Bender 3, Powder Coat Edition), and new CRAZY price drop!! (36 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Hello Everyone!

I've got some exciting news to share about the QB3! Now introducing the new "QB3-PCE" (Quantum Bender 3, Powder Coat Edition), and price drop!!

I have just recently started working with a new machinist, as well as a new painter. And, the costs of producing the QB3 is now lower than ever before. So, I'm going to pass the savings on to the consumer, rather than keeping it myself. The QB3 is now dropping in price, from this day forward, from $350 to only $250. That's right, that's an incredible savings of $100 off the regular price!!

Not only that, but the paint process has now been much improved as well. Instead of the older process of baked on Epoxy, then baked on Enamel paint. The new QB3s will now have a Powder Coat paint and a clear coat, making the finish stronger than ever before, and much more durable to scratches and chips than the epoxy/enamel version. Note: the new Powder Coat QB3's still go through the same painstaking process of hand decal-ing and clear coating each unit, twice.

I know many of you will want a back up QB3 device, so this will be your chance to get one at the lowest possible price ever! (I actually keep an extra QB3 in the glove box of my car, as it has saved me on more than one occasion!)

It's truly an UNBELIEVABLE new price, and the offer will be EXTREMELY LIMITED to stock in hand and to my ability to keep up with demand, along with my crazy busy schedule.

I currently have a small handful of the older QB3's (Epoxy/Enamel paint) in stock and ready to go, so I'll discount these few units even further, to a crazy low price of only $199. plus shipping!! ...Even I have to say WOW, I can't believe I'm doing this!!

The new Powder Coat QB3's will be ready in about two weeks. (although I've got a few early units ready to go now) Again, it's an UNBELIEVABLE low price of only $250. plus shipping, and I don't expect these to last very long. So reserve your new "QB3-PCE" (Quantum Bender 3, Powder Coat Edition) now, by sending me a PM or an email right away!

PS -If you still want to pay $350 for a QB3, I've got a few with an autographed box available!
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
I really don’t see how you can justify even $250 for it ??
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
He doesn't need to justify it. John prices it at what he thinks the market will bear (and to cover his costs) and if the not enough people buy it at that price, he then can discount it.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Whats shipping to the UK? Included?
JeffJenson
View Profile
New user
Denver Colorado
8 Posts

Profile of JeffJenson
Cardbiker, I’ve used the QB2 & QB3 many times, it’s helped me book some high end shows. It’s hands down the best on the market! John is very honest and fair with all products and prices that he puts out. I feel that $250 for a quality device is well money spent, yes there are other cheaper versions out there but you might as well just throw your money in the trash. He has to put up with knock-off’s and hacks trying to rip him off and it’s sad. John puts his heart into his work and it shows....so price should not be in question.
Keep The Magic Alive
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
It looks like Mr. Sheets is simply finding ways-n-means to sell one & only one of his pet product - 'The QB' by intermittently bring out one versions after another. I foresee the next version of the QB will be the 'QB-24KGP' Smile. It's high time for Mr. Sheets to start thinking of bringing out a new utility prop for the community.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
So what?

If people are still buying them, why shouldn't he keep making them in any version he wants to so he can make more money? If his attempts to sell more QB's bothers you, then ignore the thread and go on about your life. In general, all the comments on his post keep giving him free advertising, which may help him sell more product. Isn't that supporting the activity people seem like they are trying to discourage?

Quote:
On Jul 3, 2018, Ustaad wrote:
It looks like Mr. Sheets is simply finding ways-n-means to sell one & only one of his pet product - 'The QB' by intermittently bring out one versions after another. I foresee the next version of the QB will be the 'QB-24KGP' Smile. It's high time for Mr. Sheets to start thinking of bringing out a new utility prop for the community.

Smile
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:

Smile

Yeah come on John

Bic didn't rest on their laurels - after inventing their pens... they err... brought out a razor....

Ustaad, that's not how things work. A creator doesn't owe it to bring out completely new stuff. In fact I would hazard that most creators bring out completely new stuff - because even updated versions of their old stuff, now the hype has died down... wouldn't sell

I don't have this - so have no horse [bent or otherwise] in this
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2018, Kaliix wrote:

In general, all the comments on his post keep giving him free advertising, which may help him sell more product. Isn't that supporting the activity people seem like they are trying to discourage?

I fully agree with you on the above. My post, though tending towards discouragement, will also in a way help boost the sale of QB's. That's good for the creator Mr. Sheets but for the child it is nothing but trying to lure the child by showing the same lollypop in different wrappers while the taste remains the same. Right? Smile How long will such practice go on? I will answer - Till such time the child no longer wants the same lollypop. Smile

However I must confess that while many other coin bending tools have come and gone, the QB still continues to hold ground. This is indeed commendable.

BTW 'QB-24KGP' -24 Karat Gold Plated version - Exclusively for The Rich-n-The Famous. Smile WOW! I am generating ideas and thus more sales. Smile

My thoughts please. Smile

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1663 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Don't mind Ustaad.... he just likes the sound of his own voice.

Having owned several of the QB's and 2 of the 3.0 version, I'm astounded that the price is as low as it is for such a great tool. Well done John.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2018, elimagic wrote:

Elimagic, be honest and tell me in your heart of hearts don't you love my writings Smile Be honest and say - Oh Smile Smile

Smile
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1663 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2018, elimagic wrote:

Elimagic, be honest and tell me in your heart of hearts don't you love my writings Smile Be honest and say - Oh Smile Smile

Smile

They never disappoint in giving me a laugh.
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
John, great job on continuing to iterate, improve quality AND lower cost at the same time. My QB2, which cost double the price on release (no regrets), is still going strong but if it ever gets misplaced I’ll definitely be purchasing a QB3.
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
This really is a great offer on a great tool.

I’ve used my QB religiously and have been needing to pick up a second one (after a freak accident with my last one)

This tool ain’t for everybody but if you bend metal for a living, this is the tool to have. Zero pocket space, quality materials, built to last. Packs small and plays BIG.

John Sheets is the best!
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Hi Guys!

Thanks for all the positive comments, both here and privately!

I'll try to address some of the comments from Cardbiker and Ustaad, from the thread above…

As many of you know, since the Quantum Bender (QB) first came out way back in 2001, it's pretty much become a modern classic. I have literally received hundreds, if not thousands of emails over the years, from people all over the world, thanking me, while telling stories of how it's impacted their repertoires, shows, careers, and lives. As well as making a huge impact on countless spectators by creating some very special memories. So, I believe that it's added considerable value to many, many lives. Smile

Before the QB was brought from the underground, to market, I heard from many top pro's who suggested that it should sell for no less than $1000. As they knew even way back then that the tool would pay for itself in no time, in many ways, not just financially. However, the first QB came to market at only $500. and resulted in THOUSANDS of units sold to VERY happy customers from all over the world. It has since become a BEST SELLER!! And since then, I've done my best to continually improve the quality of the QB in every way possible, including the engineering and design, machining, materials/parts, function and added features, instructional content, and the packaging. That's an improvement on everything, all while continually bringing the costs down in a world where everything seems to keep going up!

Is it worth the investment? Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I think that may depend on the individual. However, I do have a HUGE list of endorsements from people of wide ranges of performing levels, from the top professionals, to the semi-pro’s, and hobbyists alike. Again, from all over the world, and I’d be happy to share some of them with you a little later in another post. Until then you may like to read some of the positive comments and reviews, on one of the most popular and largest threads here on the Café, here….. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=600

If you have any questions in regards to the value of a genuine QB compared to a cheap knock-off, you may read about that here… http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=540

Over the years, not only has the original QB device been improved upon, but it also includes the new QB3-DVD, which is packed with a TON of original information. I believe that this DVD holds tremendous value as well, and I'm sure many would agree. It includes amazing routines, eye popping revelations, psychology, misdirection techniques, handling techniques, practice tips, variations, guest contributions, and much, much more! I feel that the QB3-DVD is a HUGE asset to the QB3 device, and is a true wealth of information! ….Have any of you doubter’s actually seen the QB3-DVD and it’s contents?

The amount of blood, sweat, and tears that I've invested into the Quantum Bender project over the years is unmeasurable. I've spent countless hours on the development of concept, creation of the design and device, prototyping, engineering, machining, honing the cosmetic exterior process, making custom decals, the handling and routining, the creation of video content, shooting and editing the DVD, custom packaging, the manual labor, and all the other things that people don't see. Not to mention that after the machining process, each unit is assembled and then painstakingly finished by hand! So, as you can see, it has consumed a large part of my life.

To address the comment from Ustaad above, stating that, “It's high time for Mr. Sheets to start thinking of bringing out a new utility prop for the community”. Well, that’s almost like saying that the Thumb Tip or any other great device is dead just because it’s a classic, LOL. And BTW, since the release of the QB, I have brought several other items to the magic community. Here’s a partial list…. The Energy Bender, Atomic Bills, Nailed It, The Bubbler, Brain Scan Wallet, Mental Clip, Cool Cash, and my Penguin Lecture (please forgive me if any item was before the QB, as I’m going by memory). And, I will have many more exciting product releases in the near future, as I have several projects already in the works now. So, thanks for the encouragement!! Smile

I think I’ll stop selling the QB when people stop asking for it, and when the demand is no longer there. If I thought this thing was a waste of time, I wouldn’t be spending any more time on it. Until then, I don’t really see any reason to stop, as it’s my creation and my choice to decide what to do with it.

About the other comment from Ustaad talking about making a 24K Gold Plated QB3… That comment actually gave me a good chuckle, so thanks for making me laugh today! Whether you meant it figuratively or literally, I’ve still got your answer. I don’t think a 24K gold QB would be a good idea for actual use in performance, as the new Powder Coat finish is absolutely the BEST finish possible for the QB3, and I don’t think it can get any better. Not only for the durability, but also for the natural disguise of the prop. However, your idea of a collectable for the “rich and famous” doesn’t sound like too bad of an idea, and since you’re “rich and famous”, how would you like to start by putting a down payment for a collectable 24K Gold Plated QB3? Smile

I hope this answers some questions, as I do my very best to be kind and giving to the magic community, and thank you to those who’ve noticed.

Also, a BIG THANK YOU to all the fans of the QB, and to those who love it enough to speak up publicly to show your support! ...I certainly and GREATLY appreciate all of the kind words over the years! Smile

If anyone would like to send direct comments, or perhaps place an order, you may contact me through PM here, or by email at: John@johnTsheets.com

THANK YOU! Smile
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Hi John,

Besides my comments (mind you they were ALL followed by those nice smileys Smile) you referred to, I also mentioned and may I please quote:-

Quote:

However I must confess that while many other coin bending tools have come and gone, the QB still continues to hold ground. This is indeed commendable.

You will agree that was a big statement; and the above statement did not contain that lovely smiley [ Smile ]

Wish you and the QB good luck and continued success over the coming years.

Thank you and take care. Wish you a VERY HAPPY 4th of July.

Best regards,

Narendra
P.S. Glad you liked the 24K Gold Plated idea. Smile BTW I own your QB2 which was purchased long back through the Café's Buy-n-Sell section.

Smile
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 4, 2018, Ustaad wrote:
Hi John,

Besides my comments (mind you they were ALL followed by those nice smileys Smile) you referred to, I also mentioned and may I please quote:-

Quote:

You will agree that was a big statement; and the above statement did not contain that lovely smiley [ Smile ]

Wish you and the QB good luck and continued success over the coming years.

Thank you and take care. Wish you a VERY HAPPY 4th of July.

Best regards,

Narendra
P.S. Glad you liked the 24K Gold Plated idea. Smile BTW I own your QB2 which was purchased long back through the Café's Buy-n-Sell section.

Smile

Yes, I do agree that it was a big statement. ....and THANK YOU for that, I appreciate your kind words!! Smile

I hope you had a great evening as well. Thanks again, talk soon, and take care! Smile

Smile
www.johnTsheets.com

John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

The Quantum Bender is the original, and after all these years, yes, it's still the BEST! ....And now, it's even BETTER than EVER!! -Many top professionals in the industry agree, and endorse the Quantum Bender over any other bender out there! -Here's a partial list of just some of the endorsements from a few of the top professionals in the industry, who all LOVE and use the "Quantum Bender 3".....

-"John T. Sheets has, once again, created real magic" -DAVID BLAINE

-"It's the VERY BEST coin bender out there, Quantum Bender totally rocks!" -JEFF McBride

-"Just a miracle, just pure magic" -YIF WANG

-"I never, EVER do magic without Quantum Bender in my back pocket. It's one of the most POWERFUL effects possible, and it's made to last a lifetime!" -JOSHUA JAY

-"The term 'reputation-maker' is often bandied about, but few things deserve this label more than John T. Sheets' QB3. I have hundreds of magic routines in my repertoire. If I had to choose but one effect to make the maximum impact on a small audience, it would be QB3! Don't let the price fool you. It's a killer routine, quality product and the customer service is second to none." -DAN GARRETT

-"I LOVE it....Thank you!" -BOB CASSIDY

-"John's bender is sick! Let me explain... It bends BORROWED coins in real time, using a device we all carry anyway. This tool is worth THOUSANDS of dollars to the professional performer." - NATHAN KRANZO

-"I have been a big fan of John T Sheets Quantum Bender from the beginning! I have used Quantum Bender 1 then 2 and know I'm very impressed with the new 3! They are all 'Workhorses' in the real world! I have used it in every condition and it always gets a huge reaction! What I'm really impress with is, I had a meeting with a CEO for a Industrial Show and on his desk inside a Plexiglas Case (he got custom made) is the bent quarter. You CAN'T get that with any other effect! Use only the Best!" -RAY LUM

-"I absolutely love it and extend my deepest thanks and gratitude to John T. Sheets for making these incredible utility devices available. There is no comparison OR competition/equal in my opinion and experience. It's definitely one of my top 5 "go to" pieces. -I love it. You're going to love it too. Guaranteed." -JEROME FINLEY

-"Get ready to fall in love again! 'Quantum Bender 3" is destined to be the finest bender ever created, and the new enhancements up the ante with features pros will love. QB3 is a masterpiece of high-tech design and it is the most powerful effect that I do. This isn't just a bender - it is a religion." -BRETT BERRY

-"The Quantum Bender makes us maladjusted social misfit magic geeks look like powerful superheroes....cape not included" -GREGORY WILSON

-"With all the new US coins out today, you can forget about coin bending unless the coin is signed. The Quantum Bender works smoothly and easily and leaves your spectator with a physical memento. Every time they look at it, or show it to a friend, they are reminded of your magical abilities. What more could any performer ask for?" -DANNY ARCHER

-"If it's possible, John has taken a winner (in the original Quantum Bender) and made it better. The design changes in this new model make the working even more sure fire and easier than ever. If you want to be able to take any borrowed coin and bend it right under your spectators noses, there is simply no better way than the new and improved Quantum Bender." -MARK STRIVINGS

Smile
www.johnTsheets.com

lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Like I've always stated, "The Mercedes of Coin Benders"
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2018, John T. Sheets wrote:

Yes, I do agree that it was a big statement. ....and THANK YOU for that, I appreciate your kind words!! Smile

I hope you had a great evening as well. Thanks again, talk soon, and take care! Smile

Smile

Thank you so much for your kind understanding. And I am sorry in case my writings perturbed you. That certainly was not the intention. Sorry Sir!

Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Introducing the new "QB3-PCE" (Quantum Bender 3, Powder Coat Edition), and new CRAZY price drop!! (36 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL