The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Journey Plus: A professional mental miracle! (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá

(with your order you will receive for FREE extra notes from Pablo Amira about this eBook)

“THE JOURNEY offers a psychologically sound script for the closest thing to real mind-reading in years. This one is a keeper!"
Lee Earle

“I've read over your "JOURNEY" routine and layout a few times, it's very good and totally workable!”
Jerome Finley

"The Journey" comes directly from Jes Hansen´s personal performance repertoire and is a staple stone of every show he performs.
With this routine you are able to describe a landscape an audience member is merely thinking of in minute detail.

Nothing is ever written down or spoken out loud during the whole revelation process. You just know! The best thing is this method makes no use of dual-reality, stooges, instant stooges or any form of pre-show work and is 100% reliable.

You are always able to describe the landscape in the same detail including sounds, smells, objects and even feelings and memories.
He plays this to 1-200 people and it works really for any groups size. You not only receive the method to perform this feat but Hansen´s original scripting making this far more than just a reveal but a theatrical performance piece. Also included are his original stage directions to make it even stronger!

What you receive:
A 28 pages PDF with 6000 words describing the routine. Included is Jes Hansen´s full performance script as well as the stage directions used in his own performance, two alternate methods and a FAQ-Section answering the most common questions about the routine and its uses PLUS Pablo Amira´s extra ideas about "The Journey", excluisve at Mentalism Center
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Tempesta
View Profile
Elite user
USA
404 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
Interested in reviews on this.
//Sean Beard
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
My journey took me to 7 plus
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Yes, the link needs changing. My journey too took me to 7 plus.

Having used 'Between the Lines' for years, and which involves an element of (successful) visualisation on a spectator's part, I would also be interested in reading a review of this.
Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
England
291 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2018, John C wrote:
My journey took me to 7 plus

Quote:
On Jul 2, 2018, NeilS wrote:
Yes, the link needs changing. My journey too took me to 7 plus.

Having used 'Between the Lines' for years, and which involves an element of (successful) visualisation on a spectator's part, I would also be interested in reading a review of this.

Here's a working link:

https://mentalistry.com/products/e-books......s-hansen
Mentalistry | Providing quality products to Mentalists across the globe
www.mentalistry.com
JesHansen
View Profile
New user
Hannover, Germany
48 Posts

Profile of JesHansen
Hi! The first copys have been send out so the reviews should come in over the next few days. If you have any questions about the routine don't hesitate to reach out to me. I will happily answer them as good as I can!

All the best,
Jes
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
JesHansen
View Profile
New user
Hannover, Germany
48 Posts

Profile of JesHansen
This just reached me from Paul Draper: "In the hands of a dynamic theatrical performer, this effect creates a great kinesthetic moment of compelling mind to mind entertainment."
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
Just had a read though JOURNEY and, although I obviously hadn't had the time to perform it, I found it really good.

The method is very solid and workable but, for me, the real value is in the carefully constructed theatrical experience: this is how mind reading should look like!
JesHansen
View Profile
New user
Hannover, Germany
48 Posts

Profile of JesHansen
Preston Heller has posted a review in another thread:

"Journey is another gem from Jes Hansen. This is almost a propless effect, but not quite, although I imagine it could be done is one thing is forced. The thinking here is thorough and the method is invisible to the spectator and the audience. Without any fanfare you reach into their mind and pull out a location and describe, in quite a bit of detail, just what is being thought of. This is perfect for small groups, parlor or even stage (my intended use). There is even a very nice addition (a force of something), by Sudo, that makes it even easier to do and will fly right by everyone. Great mentalism connects with people, with their lives and feelings. Journey allows you to do just that. If you are looking for a "you are thinking of the 9 of hearts", this is not it. Credit is given to Peter Turner, among others. Definitely gets a buy recommendation from me."

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218 Here you can find the original!
Dr Ross
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, UK
203 Posts

Profile of Dr Ross
Just got this and gave it a read through. A nice simple and well-hidden method embedded within an engaging script and performance that enhances the spectator's and audience's experience. The routine allows you to be 'bold', as the end is 100% spot-on. And Jes employs a couple of principles to help strengthen the reveal. Sudo's handling is also a great alternative, particularly if you want to focus the routine down a specific path.

Looking forward to trying this out.

Ross
Ross Bartels

Author of:
'Vector' (propless code divination) https://www.mindfx.co.uk/products/vector-by-ross-bartels-e-book
'Janken' (propless RPS effects) - limited release
'Tacitus' (non-verbal propless effect) - limited release
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Would anyone be able to elaborate a little on how this looks to the audience?

Also, is the 'landscape' something that can be changed to suit different performance needs?
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
JesHansen
View Profile
New user
Hannover, Germany
48 Posts

Profile of JesHansen
The landscape is 100% customizable! You can use a landscape typical to the area you live in.
Aaron Vlack
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Aaron Vlack
I've read this and I think that is a very interesting and artistical effect. Even poetic in some ways. The reality that the audience live is that your participant create a landscape in his own mind (could be any landscape) and you can reveal it with so many details and with 100% accuracy. The participant never write nothing at all. It's a mix of some very interesting principles that you can take for other kind of performance. The alternative method of Sudo in the ebook is very interesting too. In my opinion is not completely necesary, but if you take it, together with the extra ideas of Pablo Amirá, with a little of effort you can have an act of 30 min of powerfull mind reading.
JesHansen
View Profile
New user
Hannover, Germany
48 Posts

Profile of JesHansen
Thank you very much Aaron! Means a lot.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Is there a need to be worried some might say, "but those things could have been said about any/my/another landscape" kind of thing? It sounds wonderful, especially as this is coming from someone's working repertoire.
JesHansen
View Profile
New user
Hannover, Germany
48 Posts

Profile of JesHansen
No there is no need at all to be worried that this might happen! You desribe exact sounds, smells and even tactile experiences of the person imagining the landscape without them saying a word. It is very unlikely that someone in the audience creates the same landscape as your participant. And yes the sounds, smells, experiences and even memories can be/ are different every time you perform this.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Can this be done only for strangers or can it be done equally effectively for friends and family? I like to test things out before adding anything to my repertoire.
JesHansen
View Profile
New user
Hannover, Germany
48 Posts

Profile of JesHansen
Hello
thank you for your intrest! This can be performed for friends and family without a problem. I think there is a general problem with performing beliavable mindreading to people we know personally but beyond that I don't see a problem at all Smile
JesHansen
View Profile
New user
Hannover, Germany
48 Posts

Profile of JesHansen
This just came in from Justin Saul! He posted it on facebook and has no Café account so here you go:

"I was lucky and quick enough to receive a review copy of Jes Hansen's new work "Journey" and offered to share my thoughts on here to help others that may be considering taking the plunge and picking up a copy.

If you are a fan of works such as Paul Voodini's "Midnight Side of the Mind", Michael Murray's "Between the Lines" and Peter Turner's "Wish you were here" then you are going to love Jes' latest offering to the mentalism community.

"Journey" is a fully scripted method of connecting with a participant and describing in detail a landscape that they are merely thinking of. As stated in the ad-copy, the best thing about this is that this method makes no use of dual-reality, stooges, instant stooges or any form of pre-show work and is 100% reliable. It is also worth mentioning that "Journey" is not just limited to a single landscape either.

As well as the devious method and scripting that Jes uses as a cornerstone of his own stage act you also receive suggestions on how to make this work in a close-up setting with two fantastic, alternate methods, suggested too; though they are not needed. Being a close-up performer myself, this is how I will be implementing it.

I know that you've all heard this a million times before but this really is a worker and with a price tag of just $20 it's well worth picking up."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Journey Plus: A professional mental miracle! (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL