The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Gift: Melusine's Song (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
In mythology, the Siren is a creature noted for luring men to their deaths. One of the most common iterations of the Siren is as Melusine - a creature from medieval legend. According to legend, Melusine was a beautiful woman who would transform into a serpent from the waist down while bathing; and it is the discovery of this nature that always resulted in calamity.

As the story goes, the cursed maiden was discovered in a forest by the Duke of Aquitaine. Smitten with the mysterious and beautiful young woman, he begs her to marry him. She agrees, on condition that he never disturb her on a Saturday, when she bathes. Growing suspicious of his young wife’s private doings, the Duke spies on her bathing and his shocked reaction to her true appearance reveals his betrayal to Melusine, who transforms herself into a dragon and departs in a shrieking fury to the ocean.

Henceforth, she appears as a beautiful half-naked woman in the water (often playing a harp) who lures the men that view her to a watery grave as payment for her betrayal.

"Melusine's Song" entices a participant into playing a legitimate game of chance in an effort to test their intuition 3 or more times in a row. Explaining that this was also a test of your intuition, you have them read a prediction that's been in full view the entire time....and they discover you've predicted the exact outcome of the intuition test!

The concept behind this prediction is titled "Aeolus" (the Greek God of Winds) and can be performed 100% impromptu anywhere, anytime, and with a wide variety of presentational possibilities. "Aeolus" can also be used entirely on it's own and is fully detailed in the pdf.

And if that weren't enough, here comes the smash ending that leads your participant to their 'watery grave'....

You are now able to reveal ANY single piece of information you wish about the participant! Literally any single thing you wish....and they won't have the faintest clue at all as to how you got it! 100% Guaranteed. Not a single clue.

And that's "Melusine's Song".

As always, if you'd like a copy, just PM me. I'm only sending out a few copies of "Melusine's Song" so get it while you can! Smile

cybercardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
germany,berlin
126 Posts

Profile of cybercardmagic
Send you a PM and say Thank You very much

Wolfgang
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3515 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
If this is one of the things you did with the interview with Pablo, this looks like another winner.
Giannim
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Giannim
Hi Sudo it’s impossible to send you a PM because it is full... anyway this is the message I wanted to send you:

Dear Sudo,
This is not the first time I send you a PM for a yours job but you never answered me! I tried also to ask you to pay for them (my last time was also on the chess routine tread ) but again I never received an answer..
I hope to be more lucky this time (but I’m not sure)..
Thanks in advance,
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
May I make a suggestion? Whenever sudo offers something, a pattern forms. People love free stuff after all.

But how about, if his inbox is full, let's assume he knows this. And is probably busy or dealing with stuff.

So maybe we don't need to flood the thread with. "Hey, your inbox is full!". He knows! Just like Alexander...

I'm saying this so Sudo doesn't feel overwhelmed or under pressure just cos he decided to give more stuff away.
I've asked to be banned
Giannim
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Giannim
Nobody wants to put Sudo under pressure... but if he decides to offer a routine to the community (just only two days ago) than IMHO, he should have to be coherent with what he promise...and do not leave his inbox full when he perfectly knows that some people will ask him a copy of what he has promised...
This is not the first time Sudo offers routines on this community and each times I tried to ask him a copy of them... unfortunately I never ever received an answer...
Sorry but now I’m beginning to think that there is something strange on this behavior...
Goldfield
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveller
388 Posts

Profile of Goldfield
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2018, Giannim wrote:
I’m beginning to think that there is something strange on this behavior...

The only strange thing here is how entitled magicians are! On second thoughts..

Thanks Sudo for your generous spirit
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love & be loved in return.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2018, Peter Goldfield wrote:
The only strange thing here is how entitled magicians are!

Imagine that?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
Nobody wants to put Sudo under pressure... but if he decides to offer a routine to the community (just only two days ago) than IMHO, he should have to be coherent with what he promise...and do not leave his inbox full when he perfectly knows that some people will ask him a copy of what he has promised...
This is not the first time Sudo offers routines on this community and each times I tried to ask him a copy of them... unfortunately I never ever received an answer...
Sorry but now I’m beginning to think that there is something strange on this behavior...

i'm not surprised, your attitude stinks...
I've asked to be banned
Shaukat
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Shaukat
Didn't you read the last paragraph where he said he would send out only a few copies?
morgaine_le_fey
View Profile
Veteran user
Montreal, Canada
391 Posts

Profile of morgaine_le_fey
Giannim
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Giannim
I'm not surprised, your attitude stinks...

Your words talks about you, exhaustively.
No more words needs!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:

We don't mind. We never have. If you mind then there are plenty of other threads to visit My man.
Giannim
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Giannim
..another Educator
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
..another Educator

Obviously you refuse to learn from your foul attitude.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Quote:

You should be ashamed of yourself. Then again, your type never are.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4698 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3515 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Sudo’s offerings and works, which he shares without asking for monetary returns is much like a good wine... refreshing and worth the wait.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oSs6DcA6dFI
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Sudo,

As is becoming common, your PM box is full. I'll try again later. Until then...

Regards, Steve
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Arrgh.

I'm sorry people. I've been away dealing with some 'garbage'. Let's just call it that, because that's what it is. My apologies for the late reply here and for the wait. But now I have this garbage to deal with. Does it ever end?

First, thanks kindly to those of you who have gotten to know me enough to know that it's best to just sit tight and hold on. I eventually do get around to everyone. I appreciate you speaking up in my absence. On another note though, sometimes I *do* lose track of the occasional PM or two. It's not always easy to keep track of all of them - especially during those times when I might be sharing more than one thing at the same time. And every time I empty my box, it refills quickly again. Part of the reason for this, is because there may be a dozen or more people at any given time who don't log back in for a while and retrieve their PM from me! Which means....I very often have over a dozen PM's just sitting around taking up space that I can't do anything about until these people return. Sometimes there are even more than that. It gets very clogged quickly when this happens and has been an ongoing issue for me for some time now.

On an entirely different note...yes, there are also some people I *do* also delete and completely ignore messages from. Iain has hit the nail on the head as for 'why'. I appreciate if someone likes what I share enough to leave a comment on my page because it helps to bring interest to the work I'm sharing. It always feels good after investing so much time and effort into these to have a reader base. It's discouraging if there's not enough of a reader base to make it worthwhile. But do I insist that readers leave a comment? Absolutely not. What I do expect though, is basic decent manners. If you message me with a message me with a message that literally reads: "Send me the book". Guess what? Not going to happen. You can't even take the time to just simply say please or thank-you in your PM? If you can't, then why should I reward bad manners? And yes, some people are very pushy and act entitled sometimes. This is all true. The world is a crazy place and it takes all kinds to make the world go round...

@ Giannim: You said...

Quote:
"Sorry but now I’m beginning to think that there is something strange on this behavior..."

Well....just for the record, the word 'normal' has likely never been associated with me by anyone at any time in my life! I must admit, this gave me a chuckle. I have been accused of 'strange behaviour' by 'normies' since the very moment I accidentally appeared in this world after getting off at the wrong planet. It is a waste of time trying to figure out how my mind works - even I can't figure that one out sometimes. Nor do I care to, really. What's the point? I have no ill intentions nor am I 'possessed' by the cursed demons of addiction any longer. Fact is, I know how the mind of the average bear works far better than I know how my own does... Smile

On a more somber note, I am not very happy with what you've posted here. I've not seen this side of you before, and frankly, it is actually off-putting and does reek with a sense of entitlement. I don't mean that offensively, but that is how it reads. Especially when you say this:

Quote:

This is the 'garbage' I referred to earlier.

Let's just get one thing straight, ok? I am under NO obligation to give anything to anybody if I don't wish to. I do so simply out of the goodness of my heart. I have to be honest, this attitude actually does bother me.

You have literally stated here that you've not ever had a reply from me. You and I both know that this is simply NOT true. I have shared many, many things with you over time. It is possible that I may have somehow lost or missed the PM you mention regarding my Chess routine - but that's it. You've not ever given me any reason in the past not to respond to you and so there's no reason why I would not return your PM other than it must have fallen through the cracks. I haven't opened a single request for Melusine's Song yet - so don't think you are being singled out or special. I do know that English is not your first language and so possibly there's a small misunderstanding with what you've written. But it doesn't appear so. If this *is* the case, then I would appreciate you clarifying that I have, in fact, returned many of your PM's in the past. If you insist that I haven't (for some odd reason), then it'll be my turn to say:

Quote:
"Sorry but now I’m beginning to think that there is something strange in this behavior..."
Smile

Deal?

Now, let's have the rest of the members of this very large dysfunctional 'family' all give each other a big hug. Because like it or not - that's what we are. Family.

I will now begin trying to answer an overfilled PM box. Bear with me and I'll get everyone sorted out 'soonish', ok?

Hugs to everybody and thanks for the words of support.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Gift: Melusine's Song (30 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL