We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tricks with literaly nothing (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
4937 Posts

Profile of Amirá
I wrote my eBook "NADA" for this same motivation.

It is great to have real world and reliable "propless" routines that you can share anytime, anywhere, without being dependent of physical props.

If anyone is interested in the "10 Commandments of Propless", you can read it in HERE
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
404 page not found Pablo
To hate those who hate is righteous.
Lemniscate
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1997 Posts

Profile of Lemniscate
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2018, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
404 page not found Pablo

Try this instead: http://www.mentalismcenter.com/2017/08/1......ess.html

It's the slash at the end causing issues (because it's a .html)
The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching. -John Wooden
tomd
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of tomd
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2018, Atlas wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2018, Dr Ross wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2018, Atlas wrote:
Cloud Nine, Imbalanced, The Subtle Swindle, Quinnfluence, Superb Superheroes, Disney Dynamite, Train Tracking, etc.

The list of my material is pretty substantial and it all actually works and is entertaining!

All the best,

Atlas

I particularly like your 'Forward Thinking' effect Atlas. Very reliable, engaging premise and, fun to perform.

- Ross

Oh yeah, that one too! My homophone presentation on that one is pretty great, one of my personal favourites too.

All the best,

Atlas

Your homophone presentation is probably my favourite piece of yours. It's easy, and deliveries the almost perfect illusion that they could have thought of any word in the world! I need to refresh my memory of the words you use before the silent spectator part happens.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
1975 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2018, Joshua Quinn wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2018, Slim King wrote:
Is there a description of 7 and a link to the stand alone release?

It's a clean and ingenious verbal force of a playing card. I've used as an alternative to my usual eq sequence.

Thank you, Josh! (FYI, I got down your ParaLies last night to read to my 8 yr. old son your definition of pareidolia....)

Bryn
"The Safwan Papers" eBook: $30
Please read the many great reviews here at the Cafe:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS" eBook is also now available ($30)
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

SPECIAL: "LOGAR" & "SAFWAN PAPERS" Combo Deal: $50

Also available at: www.mentalismcenter.com

Thanks,
Bryn
cavscout19@hotmail.com (also my PayPal for purchases)
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2517 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
I would say this, but palmistry. Works every time, leaves everyone in a good mood, elevates your status and leaves people thinking you're jolly clever and perhaps gifted.

It also lasts longer than five seconds and can last almost as long as you want it to.

Perhaps you shouldn't have said 'tricks' - most mentalists don't like calling them tricks :O
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 5, 2018, bevbevvybev wrote:
I would say this, but palmistry. Works every time, leaves everyone in a good mood, elevates your status and leaves people thinking you're jolly clever and perhaps gifted.

It also lasts longer than five seconds and can last almost as long as you want it to.

Perhaps you shouldn't have said 'tricks' - most mentalists don't like calling them tricks :O

I can recall an EFFECT that was done in the palm, that simulated pulling an imaginary thread out of its center. Can anyone direct me to where I might find it? Very old and from my youth but something done with nothing that would get great reactions even form adults at the time. Used by mentalist or palm readers, it could suggest the inherent power of our minds to make real, that which is only thought of?
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2517 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Can't remember but it does ring a bell. There was also something by KK about the lines moving as I recall.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6030 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
I can recall an EFFECT that was done in the palm, that simulated pulling an imaginary thread out of its center. Can anyone direct me to where I might find it? Very old and from my youth but something done with nothing that would get great reactions even form adults at the time. Used by mentalist or palm readers, it could suggest the inherent power of our minds to make real, that which is only thought of?

Here you go: https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Someone-Fee......eir-Hand
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6030 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Another explanation of the same effect: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index......6AAbLFhM
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6030 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
By the way, when I was looking up the specific effect above, I ran into a short video that had some stuff that could be restructured in a hypnosis or mentalism routine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alubBa1s2G0

Greg
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Thank you Greg Smile exactly what I was looking for and I believe old enough that a whole new generation would not know it?
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2789 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Greg is one of the best when it comes to such arcane knowledge
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tricks with literaly nothing (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL