The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Transformer" WHAT??? - You’re Not Going to Believe This! (45 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8003 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2018, Craigers wrote:
Mine arrived today. Glad tomorrow is Sunday. What better way to spend a Sunday than exploring the wonders of this beautifully packaged set. I'll be like a kid on Christmas day tomorrow !

So happy to hear of your "Christmas in August" gift, Craigers... Smile I know you're having some fun with it, as there's just so much darn good stuff to play with in it. Smile Hey, and isn't that coin holder a nice touch? I love that it's a softer leather and so neatly holds all the coins. Smile But of course, it's the coins themselves that are the biggest treasure. Smile

Enjoy and let us all know here how you're liking the big package of it all. Smile

https://vimeo.com/280453175
*Check out my latest: Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Not much new under the sun I hear but under the moon, well who knows, that just might be a horse of a different color." -Mb Smile
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
824 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
This is set is AMAZING!!!!!! The packaging is amazing. The coin holder is a great addition. The 'system' is just genius. It is very flexible. John's craftsmanship is amazing as usual!

I just cannot believe the price on this system now that I have it in hand. I highly recommend this. There are tons of instructional videos that accompany the set and I am still making my way through those. But seriously, wow!!!

I think the only thing I would want is to have a 'dollar-size' version of this and I know it would be amazing. Given John's continuous update to his work and offerings, I would not doubt if this is already secretly worked on or already done.

I just love this set!!! Seriously, Mb got me hooked on JJ's work after his initial recommendation of Coin Coalition and the trend continues.

These are my initial impressions of this work and I am off to finish watching the videos. But I am already thinking of things I can do with this system.

Great work John and thanks for yet another killer recommendation Mb! Smile
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
of the WI having made 5 tier cakes with
4030 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jul 31, 2018, Jack Straw wrote:
I've been asked in a PM how smoothly everything works.

I've only played with this for a few hours, but I have no complaints at all.

I'm very pleased.

All of the hinges, screws, flywheels, and mounts are sturdy and well hidden when everything is put in place, but you need the Wenger gears hidden in your back pocket before you start to do anything or else they might squeek.

The Altschuler Anti-Slip Pin System has been improved upon in a way that I can't see or figure out, but I can obviously feel the difference between this set and my other set.

The Light Emitting Diodes are also well hidden, but my only complaint might be that they will expose the film in the leather coin wallet. Only time will tell, though.

Finally, the graphite Hanley pins do not give off as much smoke as the ones on my Johnny Wong set, and is as silent as one could expect from such a system.

I hope that this doesn't count as exposure.

If it does, please send a PM to the moderators.

Wink wink, nudge nudge.

I'm glad that I bought the set!

I am sorry but I think I actually reported this. I thought I was clicking on the like button ... so if the post gets pulled I am sorry. I did really appreciate your exposure...I have spent a lot of time trying to get the parts. I only have a few items to get before I start making my own set.

Ok that's so much of an understatement its probably more of a lie - I have only found the Light Emitting Diodes, however, you didn't say what colour, or size, or wattage etc. so I have ordered 10 of each colour and at each light intensity. Ive spent £150 on LEDs, cells and wireing. I think I may have been best just buying them direct. But one must never give up. Back to the list -I am glad I "quoted you" so I can copy all your text before it gets pulled!

Oh I must go. I have just noticed a chalk stain on my jacket shoulder - just up from the leather elbow patches.
Dave “SPARKY” Matkin

http://www.gofundme.com/MyMadTriathlon

Now AKA........
Smile “WHEELS” Smile
That’s the closest smilies to a wheelchair so I’m using them despite not having a horse ….. or being able to do the walking globe. Mmmmm can you do a walking globe in a wheelchair?
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8003 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2018, ash2arani wrote:
This is set is AMAZING!!!!!! The packaging is amazing. The coin holder is a great addition. The 'system' is just genius. It is very flexible. John's craftsmanship is amazing as usual!

I just cannot believe the price on this system now that I have it in hand. I highly recommend this. There are tons of instructional videos that accompany the set and I am still making my way through those. But seriously, wow!!!

I think the only thing I would want is to have a 'dollar-size' version of this and I know it would be amazing. Given John's continuous update to his work and offerings, I would not doubt if this is already secretly worked on or already done.

I just love this set!!! Seriously, Mb got me hooked on JJ's work after his initial recommendation of Coin Coalition and the trend continues.

These are my initial impressions of this work and I am off to finish watching the videos. But I am already thinking of things I can do with this system.

Great work John and thanks for yet another killer recommendation Mb! Smile

Man! This is about 8000 posts for me now...I gotta get a life! Smile

Anyway, appreciate the kind words ash2, it really is as wonderful a product as you describe here, and "Amazing" is just about the best word for it alright. Smile

Thank you for your focused comments after receiving your set. Keep us posted. Smile

*And again WOW!!!... 8000 posts. Smile
*Check out my latest: Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Not much new under the sun I hear but under the moon, well who knows, that just might be a horse of a different color." -Mb Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8003 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey, John mentioned that he got a chance to one of his latest tricks included in the package, Shortest Hop - Deja Vu many, many times at the recent Magic Live in Las Vegas. After a while, people were bringing their friends to the Steven's Magic booth just to see John do the effect. Smile It really is a nice one with some good play to it with a surprising finale. The best thing is that it's pretty darn easy to do, and you know I like that part of it. Smile

There are many amazing effects included in this big package, this latest one is a great added bonus to an already jam-packed offering as to his now uniquely popular, Transformer Coin System. Smile

https://vimeo.com/282777091

Gipstein
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
57 Posts

Profile of Gipstein
I discovered John's Transformer set last week at Magic Live! and I am amazed by it (I also got his coin through bill which is fantastic as well). This system is incredibly versatile. It allows you to mix and match the gaffs in creative ways, and the routines will only be limited by your imagination. On Vimeo, John and a friend demonstrate some of their favorite effects. They are all very strong and visual. Stunning. The quality of the gaffs in superb — you could hand them out and I believe they would be fine if handled casually by a spectator. This is not the case with most gaffs.

I have about every coin gaff made and ones made by every major worker of coin gaffs, and I think John's may be the best. What I love about the system is how versatile it is. It could replace a shell, a Chinatown half, a triple split, a Hopping Half, and a Scotch and Soda for many routines with at most a few small adjustments in handling (if any). The matrix effects he shows are clean, direct, and astonishing. With these gaffs, and their matching ungimmicked counterparts he provides, and a few cards your pocket, you could do tricks all night. And I might do just that!

I have just begun to study the routines and his instructions (clear and well done) for this system. Given how much you get, the versatility of what the system offers, and their precision quality, the price is very very reasonable.

As a long-time coin worker and owner of many many fine gaffs, I thank John for his imagination and skill in crafting what will soon become my working tools for coin miracles. Watch the Vimeo clips and see for yourself. High, highly recommended. And, he's a nice guy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Transformer" WHAT??? - You’re Not Going to Believe This! (45 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL