We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KieranS
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of KieranS
HI all.
So I am relatively new to magic and even newer to forums, so although I am sure it is simple, I am confused already !! I guess this is the place where I kind of introduce myself and the area of magic that inspires and fascinates me. I am very much in love with mentalism, and want to know all there is to know about it !! Especially the routines that require little to no props/gimmicks. So any advice on where I should start looking would be much appreciated.
thanks you in advance and good to meet you all.
Patrick Talsma
View Profile
New user
Grand Rapids Mi.
3 Posts

Profile of Patrick Talsma
Welcome! Smile
I have enjoyed using the search function.
The magicians here have been a great source of
Of much information and opinions. Smile
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3570 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome KieranS,

Check out the "Penny for Your Thoughts" forum.

The Mental crowd is the fastest growing group here (by my informal count). You are in good company.

-Mary Mowder
KieranS
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of KieranS
Thank you very much ! I shall learn the art of 'how to use a forum' and then maybe be real to dip my toe further in the world of magic !!
BizarreRich
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of BizarreRich
Hi KieranS and welcome to the Café. I also really enjoy propless and pocket mentalism. Recently I have moved more towards bizarre magic but I still enjoy performing propless mentalism. I suggest you do a search for propless mentalism and also pocket mentalism and you should find some useful stuff.
KieranS
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of KieranS
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2018, BizarreRich wrote:
Hi KieranS and welcome to the Café. I also really enjoy propless and pocket mentalism. Recently I have moved more towards bizarre magic but I still enjoy performing propless mentalism. I suggest you do a search for propless mentalism and also pocket mentalism and you should find some useful stuff.

Thanks Rich.. I am intrigued as to what you mean by 'bizarre magic' ? However I do know there are rules on here for what can and can't be said so feel free to say nothing I won't be offended ! Smile
BizarreRich
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of BizarreRich
Bizarre Magic is a combination of magic and storytelling and usually the themes of the stories are quite dark and scary. If you have a look in the Cellar section you will get an idea of it. I can give you a simple real example; there is a magic trick where you make a piece of string penetrate a finger. This is quite a nice trick but as a bizarre magician I start the trick by opening a small box that looks centuries old inside that is a "blood" stained cloth and rapped in that is a leather garrote. I tell the story of how this was used centuries ago by witch hunters to tell whether or not someone was a witch. The garrote is wrapped around a spectators finger it is explained that because the garrote has been blessed by a priest if they are innocent when pulled it will merely break or amputate their finger. If, however, they are a witch the garotte will pass straight through the finger. The garotte is pulled and it passes straight through their finger. There is a lot more detail to the story and I will talk about the first time it was ever used and the details of this incident.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL