The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » What is the best marked deck? (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
magringo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sad that all I have is a scant
326 Posts

Profile of magringo
Looking for the best marked deck -- I prefer bikes, but some people say they marks are small to read even relatively close up. Other people say they love Phoenix marked decks. I'm having a hard time deciding. Thanks.
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
The Penguin marked Bikes are large enough for me to read without glasses (I wear bifocals) and haven't been caught out on them yet. Otherwise, I'm partial to the DMC Elites.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
My personal preference is the Dekram deck. Easy to read and very hard to find for the spectator. What does Dekram spell backwards? )

Ron
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
They all serve the same purpose but what it boils down to is your ability to see the markings under a variety of different lighting conditions. For maximum visibility, Ted Lesley's system is hard to beat however you do have to construct the deck yourself with the supplied decals. But for a full ready-to-go out of the box (multiple phase) routine, 'The Marksman' by Luke Jermay is probably 'the best' I've ever seen. But unfortunately I cannot see the markings unless I'm performing in daylight. But for those occasions when you just want something inexpensive that's 'ready when you are' Penguin's marked deck fits the bill perfectly. They cost only a small amount more than a standard deck of cards and the markings are quite visible. The main question you have to ask yourself is what do you want to do with the deck? Once you decide on a specific routine then you can choose the best marked deck for that very purpose.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I think the Superior Deck is the BEST one and I have a few.

Very easy to read. $15
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I like the Penguin Marked Deck. Easy to read and good quality cards.
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
If you're looking for quality and superior markings, the DMC Elites are BY FAR the best marked deck I've ever owned. They're beautiful, and nobody will ever see the marks. Visible from close-up or far away. They're great.

But if you're looking for value, or something you can afford to have signed, then look no further than Penguin's marked deck. Can't beat the price.

The Code deck is fun, too. But it's a tad more specific in it's uses.
mroek
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of mroek
I have (almost) no experience with marked decks, but I came across this Kickstarter a couple of days ago:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/52k......cription

I am not in any way affiliated with this, just found it by coincidence. I think it looks quite clever, but as I said, I'm not knowledgeable in this area.
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2018, mroek wrote:
I have (almost) no experience with marked decks, but I came across this Kickstarter a couple of days ago:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/52k......cription

I am not in any way affiliated with this, just found it by coincidence. I think it looks quite clever, but as I said, I'm not knowledgeable in this area.

I just saw the video for these a few days ago. They're beautifully designed and are very clever. But with decks like DMC or even the $5 Penguin deck I only need to glance at the card. With MINT, I need to look at two specific points and then decode the markings in my head.
While there are plenty of performers who can do that with no problems, I'm not one of them. Smile
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
The DMC decks are out of stock at Penguin and Vanishing Inc. Anywhere else they can be obtained?
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2018, Ray Haining wrote:
The DMC decks are out of stock at Penguin and Vanishing Inc. Anywhere else they can be obtained?

Found this https://goo.gl/VNKGcu
milamber
View Profile
Regular user
California
130 Posts

Profile of milamber
The only one I've used recently is Andy Nyman's deck (for "The Code"). It's a nice deck and easy to see the markings (if you know where to look). And some of the effects shared on the DVD by Andy are quite fun as well.
DrIlluminatus
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of DrIlluminatus
Keep it simple use the Ted Lesley marking system...
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Garrett Thomas has a beautiful deck that is Marked and it's a Mandolin Deck to boot.

When you see Garrett demo this you will want to buy one.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2018, Neznarf wrote:
When you see Garrett demo this . . .

Where?
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Speed Reader Deck. That's my personal favorite.

But, I must the say the DMC Elites are very nice!

Robert
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Daredevil deck from Cardshark.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Marcus Black
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Marcus Black
My eyesight is pretty bad, I recommend the Daredevil Deck to anyone with poor eyesight. The markings are huge.
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
DMC Rouge Elites are perfect but have run their course unfortunately, maybe the next gen might be up your street although a bit pricey.

Greig
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » What is the best marked deck? (19 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL