The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » AWOOGA GLASSES (gag glasses) (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin/Germany
493 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
Just saw some funny glasses called AWOOGA GLASSES for about $12:

https://the-circus-clown-store.myshopify......asses-am

It seems these glasses could produce a good laugh if one helper puts them on. Does anybody have any experience with these glasses?
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Never heard of this site.

Taking me forever to get through 80 plus pages of stuff.

But found a lot of funny stuff and sight gags.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Sadly, whenever you're putting something on a child's head you are committing to lice spray after every use and going against adult advice against sharing hats, glasses etc...

I know it is easy to skip the spray and more Magicians than we'd like to admit do.

Just a reminder.

-Mary Mowder
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
YUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mary's "advice" is CORRECT!!!

Back in the '70s, My friend, the late Tommy Windsor was doing a CHAPEAUGRAPHY routine, in which he would place the "hats" on a child volunteer's head. It played very well, and, as Tommy said, It keeps me from mussing up my hair!"

At his encouragement, I tried it, It DID play very well.

Then one day, following the program, a teacher told me that they were having a head lice problem in the school.

I cut the routine immediately, and, have never used it since.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
For his Christmas Hat Rings routine, Wiz Kid Ee-Gee-Fiki makes Reindeer Hat rings for nine kids (8 regular reindeer + Rudolph!). He shows how to make them inexpensively from brown felt so, as he writes: "These hat rings are inexpensive enough to make one for each child that the child can then keep. You don’t want to get accused of passing head lice or ringworms with your hats, so each one is made brand new for each child, and they get to keep them. The same with the duct tape noses, which are much less expensive than foam sponge balls, and you won’t worry about little runny noses passing along colds." That's right, he cuts black duct tape into large circles and sticks them on the tip of each reindeer's nose (and a red one for Rudolph). It's described in his Christmas Hat Ring e-Book.

But to get back to the Awooga Glasses, you could easily make those with removable Stretched out sponge "eyes" so you are wearing just cheap glasses with magnets around the rims, grab the sponge eyes and pop them up into the magnetic openings. You don't want to stay like that for long, so they can be removed easily. You could also use the same magnetic glasses with white spongeball eyeballs to add more humor to your spongeball routine, then use the stretched our eyeballs for an extra laugh. To have kids wear the glasses - use those inexpensive party glasses with the big nose and mustache, and just pop in sponge eyeballs. They are cheap enough for give-aways so you don't have to worry about sanitation problems... let the parents and teachers see you unpacking them from sanitary zip-loc bags before you put them on the children.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2018, Mary Mowder wrote:
Sadly, whenever you're putting something on a child's head you are committing to lice spray after every use and going against adult advice against sharing hats, glasses etc...

I see what you explaining, Mary. But what do you think about the Chair Suspension?
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I don't do it.

Mostly when I see chair suspension, the Kid's head seems unsupported but if heads do touch anything then we should have the same concerns.

Good point Mike.

-Mary Mowder
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Do what the dentist does- put a paper napkin or towel under his or her head before he or she lies down.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Good thinking, Jim. Kyle should update is Chair Suspension ebook and add that.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » AWOOGA GLASSES (gag glasses) (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL