The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Richard Busch - Peek Encores (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
bofx
View Profile
Elite user
France
458 Posts

Profile of bofx
What do you think about Richard Busch' Peek Encore?

I'm interested in this book for an alternative of the CT. Do you think it can be usefull for me?

Thanks.
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1927 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
It depends on your priorities and what you want to do.
If you are into mentalism and billet work, IMHO is that this is a must.
Be warned though, this is not a book filled with magic tricks and effects.
It is a study book, and guides you through Richard Busch's philosophies, advice and bits and bites on the subject.
Don't buy it if you are looking for new tricks.
Get it if you are serious about learning and listening to what Richard Busch tells you.

Sven
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of highmagic
Perhaps you should start with Peek Performances. In Peek Encore, 3 out of 4 peeks are related to his first volume.
bofx
View Profile
Elite user
France
458 Posts

Profile of bofx
I'm more interested in techniques than routines.
I'm searching techniques and philosophies on the peek for close-up use.
I saw "Dance Of Shiva," and I love this effect, but I have heard that Busch's books are better. I'm searching a peek for using like the Dance Of Shiva routine.
leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
756 Posts

Profile of leondo
Bofx,
Richard wrote the definitive works on peeks. You would do well to read Peek Performances and Peek Encores.
Ted (Leondo)
bofx
View Profile
Elite user
France
458 Posts

Profile of bofx
Peek Encores is a book only on billets peeks or on all peeks (cards, billets, ...)?

I'm much interested in billet work.
Alexander Marsh
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1190 Posts

Profile of Alexander Marsh
Bofx, Peek Encores is only on billets.

I loved, LOVED this one. Peek Performances is great and opend my eyes to how these bits of paper could be used (ofcorse the other matireal too, even just Richards words sparked trains of thoughts), but Encores is for me the best.

Also, was it my imagination or did Richard imply (with those multi-layerd languge patterns of his, great stuff) that there may be a third, if so I will deffentetly be a proud owner of this trillogy.
enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

Profile of enriqueenriquez
Peek Encores is really, really great.

It contains only methods, not routines. If that's what you are looking for, you will be pleased.

Read first Peek Performances would be advisable, but not essential. that's just my opinion. I have both, tough.
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of highmagic
Quote:
On 2004-05-04 11:54, PsychoMagi wrote:

Also, was it my imagination or did Richard imply (with those multi-layerd languge patterns of his, great stuff) that there may be a third, if so I will deffentetly be a proud owner of this trillogy.

In fact this is stated clearly in the final chapter (and at 75 bucks per book, you would certainly have expected it!)
bofx
View Profile
Elite user
France
458 Posts

Profile of bofx
How many peeks are explained in this book ?
sludge
View Profile
Special user
milton keynes, england
524 Posts

Profile of sludge
Quite a few, but if there was only the Busch Billet it would still be worth much more than the asking price in my opinion. Peek Encores is an awesome book, surpassing even the phenonemal Peek Performances.
Adam Hince
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
425 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
I have yet to read any of Busch's books, but I just met the man this past Saturday and I can honestly tell you that his Busch's Billet is amazing. He shared with me some personal tips on it. The 3rd and final book in the Peek trilogy is supposedly being worked on now. I've also heard many good things about his "Number Please" book.
mysterious_guy
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of mysterious_guy
Peek Encores is brilliant. I use 3 out of the 4 peeks in the book all the time, not including the little extra's that he ponits out. Get it - You won't be disappointed.
G. Batson
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of G. Batson
Mr Busch took a beautiful "move" created by Millard Longman and turned it into a *trick* with a piece of paper. Stick with Millard's original or Al Mann's work.

G.
leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
756 Posts

Profile of leondo
Quote:
On 2004-05-20 15:54, G. Batson wrote:
Mr Busch took a beautiful "move" created by Millard Longman and turned it into a *trick* with a piece of paper. Stick with Millard's original or Al Mann's work.

G.

....Excuse Me?

Ted (Leondo)
Harvey Nerzof
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Harvey Nerzof
HN Review 98: Peek Encores – Richard Busch

AD:

An in-depth treatise on four revolutionary billets and their many adaptations for the mature, modern mentalist who desires state-of-the-art, in-full-view methods of immediate. invisible information acquisition. No switching, no duplicates, no stealing, and no tearing! Ultra-clean, live-time, instantly accessed information ... at your fingertips.
With the help of clear text on 110 big pages (on the best 32 pound laser paper) and a whopping 175 photos, you will enjoy this format! It is very user friendly. For the voyeur in you, Peek Encores is loaded with the sequential, step-by-step information that will update and surpass previous handlings. It is a breakthrough billet bonanza for mentalists who can no longer afford to handle billets like a magician!
What People Are Saying:
"Busch's Billet may well be the best billet peek ever to see print!"
-Doug Dyment
" ... It works like nothing else I've ever tried in billet work. It has been improved beyond belief. All I can say is what so many others have already said ... you're a genius! You're the greatest!"
-Larry Becker
"Just finished reading Richard Busch's newest work, PEEK ENCORES which firmly establishes Mr. Busch as THE authority on the secret gathering of information via the billet peek. I enjoyed the format of PEEK ENCORES, found it well produced, and even easier to understand than its predecessor. Filled with copious photographs, its 110 pages not only make his devious creations easy to follow, but also give you a flavor of Richard the person...a delightful mensch with a love of Mentalism!!!"
-Bruce Bernstein
"Magnificent! Peek Encores is more than just a sequel to Peek Performances. Rather
than continuing from where PP left off, Peek Encores explores new territory for the serious Billet worker. There are at least two ideas I put to use immediately, and several others I intend to explore more thoroughly when I have the time. The handlings are well-taught with literally hundreds of photographs and explicit instructions. Good job, Richard; you've done it again!"
-John Riggs
" ... a monument in mentalism literature."
-Liz and Leondo

REVIEW:

This self-produced, spiral bound book only contains 4 peeks: a great version of Al Mann/Millard Longman’s Acidus Novus, and 3 variations of moves previously described in Peek Performances (Zen, Zorro and Reader’s Billets). All the moves are explained in great details, with plenty of photographs.

The first peek, called “Busch’s Billet”, is the cleanest I know (I don’t own Alain Bellon’s Obsidian Oblique, to be honest) and was worth the price of the book to me: is it truly done at the fingertips, and allows the participant to write on half of the billet.

The other 3 moves look like fillers: they should have been inserted (in the worst case scenario) in Peek Performances. Seems like an unnecessary way to beef up the book and justify its price.

OVERALL RATING: Good (enough)

H.
mysticz
View Profile
Special user
D.C. metro area
680 Posts

Profile of mysticz
Quote:
On 2004-06-04 10:22, Harvey Nerzof wrote:
The other 3 moves look like fillers: they should have been inserted (in the worst case scenario) in Peek Performances. Seems like an unnecessary way to beef up the book and justify its price.

The Busch Billet is a wonderful peek, and probably the easiest of the four. However, I believe the other peeks (and especially the Zen Billet) are equally effective and well deserving their placement in this book.

If the reader is willing to put in the study time and practice (that all good billet work requires), these four highly creative techniques presented by Mr. Busch will prove to be valuable additions to your peek/billet armory.

And let's not forget the equally valuable ancillary information concerning billet use and performance that Mr. Busch has provided in addition to the actual techniques.

OVERALL RATING: Indispensible for the thinking mentalist with an interest in learning cutting-edge billet work.

Joe Z.
Joe Zabel
"Psychic Sorcery"

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

-- Shakespeare's Hamlet I.v. 174-175
reese
View Profile
Special user
969 Posts

Profile of reese
Quote:
On 2004-05-20 15:54, G. Batson wrote:

G.
Friend, you refer to "Buschs' Billet"? I know Millards original "Acidus Novus", and most of Al Manns' billet work. For me, Richards' "Buschs' Billet" is absolutely wonderful. To say it is a "trick with a piece of paper" is ridiculous. Any billet- work is a "trick with a piece of paper" if you present it as such. That's not the intent with billet-work. If you present it right, the "piece of paper" becomes insignificant, and you have the incredible effect of having read someones' mind. The piece of paper is nothing, it is the presentation that is everything.
Perfectionist
View Profile
New user
Rome - Italy
4 Posts

Profile of Perfectionist
Quote:
On 2004-05-03 08:24, leondo wrote:
Bofx,
Richard wrote the definitive works on peeks. You would do well to read Peek Performances and Peek Encores.
Ted (Leondo)

Hi,
by any chance anybody out there knows if Busch's zen billet tear (first method, see pages 20-31 of "Peek performances")is also described in some other book?
Thanks
leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
756 Posts

Profile of leondo
With all due respect.....
Why would Mr. Busch's tear be also described in somebody else's book?
I may not actually understand what your asking.
Ted L
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Richard Busch - Peek Encores (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL