The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Quiver Card to Wallet (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2018, Nathan Alexander wrote:
It isn't a used or beat-up one sitting squashed in a corner is it? Smile

Ordered. (Awesome, thanks for the heads-up.)

So after having every color available be your "favorite" for a minute or two, you ended up going back to boring old grey, huh Nathan?

Well, that's okay, it's my favorite too!

Happy you got one and very nice of Patrick to let you know.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Ha, believe me, I know. I tortured myself and ended liking them all (when at first I wouldn't have even considered the wine).

So then I asked my wife to help me choose. And there you go.

Not to say if I like it I won't get a second for style. Smile

I hope I made the right decision!
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Came in a nice box, lovely wallet, feels good in the hand. Now the road test. Gonna stick it in the pocket, wear it in and practice with it. But a very nice looking wallet.
tomstian88
View Profile
New user
Norway
26 Posts

Profile of tomstian88
How does it work with a bonsalopes?
patrickkun
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
314 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2018, Nathan Alexander wrote:

Came in a nice box, lovely wallet, feels good in the hand. Now the road test. Gonna stick it in the pocket, wear it in and practice with it. But a very nice looking wallet.

That was quick. Glad it arrives. Let me know how it is!
Patrick Kun | Modern Accessories for the Magician and Cardist
www.patrickkun.com
patrickkun
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
314 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2018, tomstian88 wrote:
How does it work with a bonsalopes?

The glide has a plastic flap to separate the glue. You can easily load and quickly reset for your next performance. It needs to be the medium size and you will have to fold the card so when you take out it'll be easier and smoother through the zipper pocket.
www.patrickkun.com
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Any idea when the grey will be available again?
tomstian88
View Profile
New user
Norway
26 Posts

Profile of tomstian88
Would be nice to see a video with a bonasalopes so you can get a sence how it works, compare to the other bonasalopes wallet out there.
patrickkun
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
314 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2018, tomstian88 wrote:
Would be nice to see a video with a bonasalopes so you can get a sence how it works, compare to the other bonasalopes wallet out there.

Hi Tom,

As requested. Here's the full overview set up of the wallet with the envelope. Let me know if you have any question.

We are still have a few left and hopefully we can get more of the Grey and other ones restock. Thanks!
www.patrickkun.com
tomstian88
View Profile
New user
Norway
26 Posts

Profile of tomstian88
Thanks for the video, looks good.
When the grey restock I will order.
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Any word on when the grey or wine editions will be back in stock?
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
The price seems fair.

I noticed in the video, however, that to remove the card you need to twist it perpendicularly - is that correct? It seems like the compartment for the card is too tight, and it would require a little fumbling to remove it.
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
patrickkun
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
314 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2018, Maxyedid wrote:
The price seems fair.

I noticed in the video, however, that to remove the card you need to twist it perpendicularly - is that correct? It seems like the compartment for the card is too tight, and it would require a little fumbling to remove it.

Without envelope, you can remove it without a twist. It's just easier with a twist. We want to keep the size of the wallet to be as normal as possible otherwise, we'll end up with a large looking wallet.
www.patrickkun.com
patrickkun
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
314 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2018, AutarchicFlux wrote:
Any word on when the grey or wine editions will be back in stock?

Spoke with Quiver, looks like we may be able to get a new batch sometimes this week! Grey and Wine will be restock by the end of this week if everything goes well.

Thanks!
www.patrickkun.com
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Here's the problem. I love the "high-end" look and feel of this wallet.

But now I also want the wine color too...
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
342 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
My friend received his wallet last week and I’ve checked it out. The quality of the wallet is shocking- the leather is uneven, stained, excessively wrinkled in areas and of a relatively poor quality. He received one from the grey batch- perhaps it was faulty but nevertheless.

The design of the wallet is worse- had they made the wallet 1cm bigger the card could be able to be taken out without having to turn it- why was this design flaw not resolved? To make matters worse, the slide can’t even fit all the way down the gap due to the design of the wallet- you have to manually prise the leather to allow the slide to sit flush inside the wallet.

The money clip is not even affixed to the wallet- it slides in and out of its hole. Though this means it’s removable, it looks awkward without it anyway.

I have a quiver coin purse and the quality is great- this fell way short of my expectations unfortunately.
patrickkun
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
314 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2018, Fatgumbo wrote:
My friend received his wallet last week and I’ve checked it out. The quality of the wallet is shocking- the leather is uneven, stained, excessively wrinkled in areas and of a relatively poor quality. He received one from the grey batch- perhaps it was faulty but nevertheless.

The design of the wallet is worse- had they made the wallet 1cm bigger the card could be able to be taken out without having to turn it- why was this design flaw not resolved? To make matters worse, the slide can’t even fit all the way down the gap due to the design of the wallet- you have to manually prise the leather to allow the slide to sit flush inside the wallet.

The money clip is not even affixed to the wallet- it slides in and out of its hole. Though this means it’s removable, it looks awkward without it anyway.

I have a quiver coin purse and the quality is great- this fell way short of my expectations unfortunately.

Hello,

I did speak with him and we are sending a new one. Looks like his was a faulty one. From the photo he sent, it seems like it was an older version of the wallet and got mixed in with the new batch. I can tell because we have improve the leather and it's a lot more durable and doesn't wrinkle like his.

Other have received them and they said nothing but good things. In this case, we are shipping a new one for him for free. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks.
www.patrickkun.com
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
These are now available on ELLUSIONIST.COM

Should you want/need one. Here's the link: https://www.ellusionist.com/quiver-card-to-wallet.html
jljones83
View Profile
New user
LA, CA
90 Posts

Profile of jljones83
I bought the wine color off of Ellusionist.

Quality: First off, I am incredibly picky with leather products. I have custom, handmade (ungimmicked) leather wallet, business card holder, coffee cup sleeve, and a few other odds and ends. The leather used is pretty dang nice. You can see some soft scarring (which is natural for leather, the natural imperfections are what makes it 'real', cows don't have nice skin), the outer leather is soft and supple. I worry about the outer leather not holding up, but the actual skin quality seems to be really good (I prefer saddle leather outers on wallets, this feels like some type of lambskin, which is nice and softer but holds up less).

Pockets: I can absolutely use this as a daily carry wallet. Hold 5 credit cards, a few ids, a few other cards, some cash, and still feels slim (with insert removed). I like having the insert separate, as a matching card wallet for packet tricks.

The effect: you're going to need to either already to a card to wallet, or get a routine somewhere, the instructions seemed a bit lacking to me. Seemed more like thoughts and tips rather than a full routine. This didn't really affect me, I already perform a card to wallet, this was to replace the wallet I currently use that I'm not as pleased with. There was an issue with the slide mechanism, but emailing with Ellusionist I was able to get some tips on how to fix the issue. That probably should have been in the instructions. Other than that, no issues.

Overall: great quality, easily the best leather quality I've seen on a gimmicked wallet. I have not played with the envelope functionality yet, but I have the required gimmick on the way. I don't currently do a card to envelope, and the ability to do that with a slim bifold wallet was a huge selling point for me. The reason I don't currently do one is the large wallet required. I prefer smaller wallets.

So far, love the wallet. Can't wait to get the envelope function tested out
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Great review above, I agree completely. This is my everyday carry, and truthfully, it's the modern/trendy design I love showing off when I take out my wallet to pay.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Quiver Card to Wallet (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL