The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Digital Downloads (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
nereus32
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of nereus32
I believe a lot of this has to do with demographics. Baby Boomers will be more comfortable with tactile purchases (DVDs or something they can take with them), while Millennial's will be not know what to do with it and prefer the digital download. As a Gen Xer who has made the transition from analog to disc to digital formats, I'm good with either. If you can offer both, great. Otherwise, you'll have to let your market decide which is best.
imgic
View Profile
Special user
Moved to Seattle to see
874 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
For my specific situation, selling specific shows it is ALL an impulse buy.

Occasionally I'll get messages about older shows. I have them archived so it is possible, just not something I mention.

Now I should also say I'm not a huge fan of back of the room anyhow. I think too many rely on it as opposed to getting the right fee. In a way they have devalued themselves in my opinion.

There is indeed a happy medium to be reached like in all things. I do not want to derail this very good thread with a side topic.

If there’s money to be made in back room, one should seeek to capitalize on it. Not too long ago I was consulting with a company that held national train events, but didn’t pay attention to retail sales at the events. We calculated they were losing out up to $3 million a year. With minimal effort we were able to increase those back room sales $1M a year wit no additional resources. Just making things more accessibile, professional packaging and display, and a little marketing.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19095 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Please do not confuse my meaning.

I am saying that it is fine to sell back of room. BUT you should get your fee FIRST and foremost. I do not think it is a good business move to devalue your product, just for the opportunity to sell back of the room.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Special user
846 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Digital downloads ARE what most younger people want. Older people might be fine with DVDs. Why not have both? I think the flash drive is also a good idea. As we move forward with technology, the smart person will move with it but still get hand, in what, already is established.
Learn to read and read to learn.

To hate those who hate is righteous.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Digital Downloads (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL