The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Question about Trost's effect, 4-flush (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Dear Magicians,

Could someone who owns Nick Trost's Subtle Card Creations Vol. 2 answer this question, please?:

I know that the above book has instructions for Trost's marketed effect, 4-flush. Since I perform mostly for family and friends, I'm wondering whether the trick, as described in the book, is easily adaptable to work with any four-of-a-kind, not just the four 4's. If so then I can perform the trick now and then for the same people and use different cards each time.

A related question: Obviously the marketed effect comes with the necessary cards. But if I wanted to do the trick with, for example four 9's, are the necessary gaff cards readily available?

Please understand that I'm not asking for exposure of the method here. I was careful (I hope) to word my questions so that nothing would need to be given away.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Regards,

Bob
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
P. S. If the marketed effect has more thorough instructions than the book does, then I could just buy the m. e. -- again assuming that the gaff cards for cards other than the 4's are easy to obtain.

Thanks again... Smile
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
4 Flush is found in Nick Trost's Subtle Card Creations #2 (p.530).

It is effectively a Wild Card effect with six cards, not four.

The ad copy describes it as follows: "You show five blank-faced cards and one Four of Spades. The Four is brushed against two of the blank cards and they change to Fours! This is repeated with the other blank cards and at the finish, all six cards have changed to the Four of Spades-a Four Flush! No double-faced cards are used, yet spectators seem to see the face and back of every card!"

The cards are specially gaffed and not examinable. I don't think that the gaff cards are easy to obtain in values other than as they appear in the marketed effect, because they aren't your typical gaffs like double facers.

It was produced by L&L Publishing (product link), and is also available from retailers like Penguin Magic.

You can see a performance of the 4 Flush effect here:

Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks, EndersGame. From what you say it wouldn't be easy to to adapt the trick to values other than the fours.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Question about Trost's effect, 4-flush (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL