The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » In Plain Sight by Matthew Johnson (33 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2018, yin_howe wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 3, 2018, DrRob wrote:
Hi Reignofsound

You get 30 of them which should last quite a while however I think with a bit of knowledge you could make some more yourself.

Regards
Dr Rob

30?! A friend got this and it only came with 12.

By the sounds of it he received 11 too many according to Matt who still uses the same gimmick.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Good review on WPR this week. The peek was the only let down.
Joemv
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Joemv
I use a peek device....many out there to use. Been using the eyephone works beautifully.

Joe
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Eyephone is too expensive unfortunately.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Mine arrived and I am happy with the purchase.
I am using a peek envelope I got from Dee Christopher appose to the peek taught with this.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
If you think about how you p**k with a SUC, and add one simple sleight - you can use the little plastic case that comes with this...

They write the number
*Do stuff*
Pocket the plastic case
And on you go

You don't have to over prove anything with the number having being written down, it should become forgotten about asap...

That's how I'm doing it...
I've asked to be banned
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Received mine today. Matt does a great job of explaining how to perform this exactly as he does, leaving no stone unturned. Gimmicks are great and will last a lifetime.
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of aheller5
Does he teach the peek?
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2018, aheller5 wrote:
Does he teach the peek?

Yep
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Although I won’t be using it as I don’t use business cards.
Freddie Henderson
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Freddie Henderson
I am presuming you need cards of some sort to do this or is it on the side of sharpies etc ? I am trying to get away from having cards in play as can already use a one card crib for the magic square anyway . I presume you still have to subtract to the get the key numbers ? Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2018, Freddie Henderson wrote:
I am presuming you need cards of some sort to do this or is it on the side of sharpies etc ? I am trying to get away from having cards in play as can already use a one card crib for the magic square anyway . I presume you still have to subtract to the get the key numbers ? Smile

Correct. Subtracting required. If you already perform this then you do not need this.
Freddie Henderson
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Thank you Pegasus Smile
Freddie Henderson
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Is subtracting required in the Tenyo Square version ?
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Hi All,

I am an from the old guard and have seen people do the magic square numerous times over the years BUT never thought it as any more than a bit of of maths puzzle which I suppose it is usually people have the grid on a large white board or one of those flip charts.

So it never really interested me as I do things close up and to friends - this is where I think Matt has added to the magic square beyond where it has been before.

Now you can do it on the fly with only the need for a pen to hand as everything else can be borrowed.

Matt's routine works perfectly for this way of performing the magic square and for us whose memory is full of useless things like numerous stacked decks, star sign anagrams etc etc having the gimmick "In Plain Sight" saves me from learning and remembering another THING.

I will most probably recall the requirements over time as I do with most things but at the moment its working perfectly and is getting great reactions.

People ask is this or that version better than the other, every version has its place and this one is the one you will use when you want to do something entertaining and have limited supplied with you and everything can be given away at the end as a souvenir to your spectator.

Everything is taught by Matt and he is precise and enthusiastic, I do not do the peek he teaches you on the online instructions as I have ways to do this which are more in keeping with my style.

I will add one negative the box that is supplied in the package DOES NOT match the one on the instructions and for someone like me who does not use business cards this is something that is not required if it was like the one in the instructions which was larger I could have used it as my blank billets/playing cards will not fit.

Final thoughts.
If you always fancied doing the magic square but its not been your thing this is definitely worth looking into purchasing.

Regards
Dr Rob
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2018, Freddie Henderson wrote:
Is subtracting required in the Tenyo Square version ?

Yes, it is. Minus 21, to be precise.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Are we just going to say how it's all done then?!
I've asked to be banned
Freddie Henderson
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

It’s obvious how it’s done it goes back since the Ark so was just wondering whether even this is done for you on the Tenyo version since the numbers are pre selected ie
limited Smile
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
I think this works BEST with combining it alongside another item - I'm sure most of you have a peek wallet - this would work here with a stack of billets (ie thought transmitter pro, Jeff Kaylr's ultimate networking tool - both would be great). An impression device would work well also like the informer. I think I am going to use mine with a parapad.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
I received it and I don't understand why Matt didn't include EVERYTHING you need to remember on the gimmick.. You still have to remember something, I agree, it's not a lot, but the purpose of the gimmick was to take away all the memory work. It is not doing that.
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » In Plain Sight by Matthew Johnson (33 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL