The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Add coin rattle to imagination coins? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sOnrisemagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of sOnrisemagic
So I had a thought of maybe adding a coin rattle (porper,tango,ect) to make it sound like a coin is being added to the stack already in spectators hand(like in imagination coins, shell shocked, ect). I would tell them to loosen but not open hand all the way, so as to make room for the traveling coin, then act like i’m dropping it into their hand by making a tossing action with my rattle hand right above their hand. Does anyone have any experience with a rattle to confirm this would work well? thought I would ask before dropping $100. thank you
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Not sure a coin rattle would give you the sound of a coin being added to a stack.
sOnrisemagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of sOnrisemagic
Good point, but isn’t the height of the coins on some rattles adjustable, to where it could be a closer sound?
mentalboy
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of mentalboy
To what end? I don't think it enhances the effect which is as much based upon presentation as method. I love the basic effect and it gets great response from the spectators. Unlike most coin magic, it works with what they know as regular coins.
sOnrisemagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of sOnrisemagic
I agree, it is a great effect. i’m just always looking for subtleties to set it apart from the norm, overdoing it can have an opposite reaction for sure. finding out where to draw that line can be tough
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Add coin rattle to imagination coins? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL