The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings from me (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kitz
View Profile
New user
Washington DC
1 Post

Profile of kitz
Hi all! I've been a lurker for too long, so figured I'd finally engage. Magic has always fascinated me, but I never ended up spending a lot of time focusing on it. Now, I'm hoping to get back into it a bit, but mostly just for friends, family, and coworkers. I love effects that can be pulled off with things just laying around (e.g., a quarter and a soda can). However, as a tinkerer and an innovative sort, I'm always fascinated by clever gimmicks and constructions. I do love watching professional acts and trying to think of how I would go about recreating an effect.

Looking forward to chatting.

-Kitz
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome kits,

I know you don't think you are a Magician (from a post in another thread in "Our New Arrivals)") but if you perform Magic for anyone including Family and Friends, then you are a Magician. You do still have the option of being a poor magician LOL.

Check out Rubber Band Magic. It seems right up your alley.

-Mary Mowder
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Hey kitz!

I agree. Impromptu magic is some of the most impactful magic available. If you haven't already, you should check out the magic of Paul Harris. He has a knack for putting together some very unique and organic effects and routines with "found" objects. Totally one of magics most original creators.

Enjoy the Café! Happy to have you!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
kitz
View Profile
New user
Washington DC
1 Post

Profile of kitz
Thanks! I’ve done some small tricks with rubber bands before, but I’ll look into what else is out there. With that and some polished card tricks, I’m set for some good impromptu moments!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings from me (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL