The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Your Favorite Monte (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic_tom1
View Profile
New user
Tampa, Florida
87 Posts

Profile of magic_tom1
I was just wondering, with all the different versions of Montes out there, from gaffed, to the original ungaffed, to stand up, etc., which version do you all personally prefer??

I find myself most frequently performing gaffed versions, either Ultimate 3CM or Harold Cataquet's ULTIMONTE, which I am quite fond of.

Which version do you prefer or use most often??

If this topic has already been addressed, please redirect me!
Magic Tom
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Simply Amazing!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I have a routine I call Ambitious monty, its a cross between color monty and ambitious card
no gaffs, I had a demo of it on magicvideodepot.com I'm not sure if it is still there . take a peek if interested pm me and I'll send you a demo via e mail with the handling,,
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Profile of T. Joseph O'Malley
Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to know how 3 card Monte was done. Just the regular old street scam monte, non-gaffed. At the age of 10, I recall trading a GI Joe and Star Wars action figure to my friend for Hugard's "more card manipulations" (i think) and it had a little section on 3 card monte. I couldn't really understand what he was getting at. I lost the book for about 2 decades, and found it eventually in a closet. I started trying to learn 3 card Monte from it. Then I started card magic, got Whit Hadyn's notes on the subject and now I can do a fairly passable version of 3 card Monte with corner bends etc.

In fact, today I downloaded Lee Asher's notes on 3 card monte (catch 33).

So my vote is for the original. 3 Card Monkey Business is great too.
tjo'
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I've done a little bit of playing with a more "standard" street-hustler type monte, and also a little with the Michael Skinner Ultimate Monte, but have still found myself sticking with Color Monte. It never fails to get great reactions, and I can hand the cards out for examination (sometimes color changing ink is suspected) unlike Skinner's. I would like to do more work with a regular monte and see how I fare.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
I like doing the 3 card without gaffs. The gaff versions are cool too. They look cleaner but as we all know you cant pass them out. Learn the real way. there is a lot of better moves and add ons that make it 100 times better then any gaffs.
www.chriskeppel.com
Kepp's Custom Carbon Fiber
Oz Fan
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Oz Fan
Hey Cris,
Just saw that you live in KC. So do I. Well back to the question. I prefer skinner's 3 card monte cause there are so many handlings possible w/ the gaffs.
Blake S.
J Wessmiller
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
306 Posts

Profile of J Wessmiller
'Steppin out with Molly' is an incredible routine I always perform when I lecture. I learnt it from the Jack Carpenter Video series.
be well,
JW
Think you know Erdnase? Take my quiz

http://wessmiller.blogspot.com
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Gaffed - my favorite is Skinner's Monte
Ungaffed - Color monte or a real monte (in other words the same game that people play illegally on streets)
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
My favorite Monte routine goes like this:

I have 3 coloring books. One is colored, and the other two are black & white. I'll mix these coloring books around. Now, which one is colored?

Smile
ugdini13
View Profile
Loyal user
Chino,Ca
259 Posts

Profile of ugdini13
Put me down for "Stepping out with Molly as Well" Great routine from Jack Carpenter

Kelly
"Perfection is in the details, but detail is no Perfection"-Dai Vernon
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
The real work on 3 Card Monte is found in Whit Haydn's brilliant manuscript as mentioned by scafidi7. It is well worth the price.
Drive Carefully
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Your Favorite Monte (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL