The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Richard Sander's ACE - the good, the bad, and the ugly - help needed (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

juggle
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of juggle
I bought Richard Sander's ACE, and the website that contains the instructions didn't exist any longer. I emailed him directly and, to his credit, he sent an apologetic message that he needed to change the hosting platform for the videos and provided a new link (on vimeo). One problem is that one cannot download the videos from vimeo, which seems to be very dangerous since the buyers would lose access to the instructions in case more problems develop for him. I sent him a couple of emails about this but he hasn't responded to any of these emails. Shame on him.

All of the instructions on the web for how to download videos from vimeo (in case downloads are disabled) are very complicated. Has someone managed to get this to work and can provide me with simple instructions? I feel that us buyers paid for the trick with instructions, so should be able to make sure that we still have access to them in 10 or more years... (And, if you know Richard, please feel free to point him to this posting so that he can rethink his approach.)

Thanks!
martydoesmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1670 Posts

Profile of martydoesmagic
In my experience, Richard is one of the good guys. Don't be too hard on him. Making videos downloadable would lead to increased piracy. This is probably why he hasn't allowed for it. However, I do think those who have bought a product should be able to download the instructions for personal use.

You could ask him to send you a copy of the video (or enable the download link in Vimeo). Alternatively, I've found that the Simple Vimeo Downloader extension for Google Chrome works well. Even on private videos. No garantee it will continue working in the future. These kind of services often have a limited lifespan.

Marty
lesliemusalo
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of lesliemusalo
And You didn't get a DVD withit?
juggle
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of juggle
No, it is now a link to a website with videos (he just switched to vimeo) and the password to access them.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
There are apps for the Chrome browser that will let you download videos. They work on some sites but not all.

If I can't download a video I use my Iphone to record myself going through the trick and save these videos on my computer.

You can also just play the video on your computer while recording it with your phone. Quality will be poor but the information is there.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Richard Sander's ACE - the good, the bad, and the ugly - help needed (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL