The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Tips on my swordbox performance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DanielSimu
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of DanielSimu
Hi guys,

I've made my first step in performing stage illusions. This summer I performed the sticks through cardboard box trick about 40 times with a circus which I've been working with for a long time. I had never performed illusions before, and it was fun and exciting to work out the act and of course to put it on stage every day!

I would love to receive some feedback on the performance, hear what you think of it, and perhaps get some suggestions on how to improve the performance or the effect in the future.
You can watch my 4 minute video of it here.

If I were to perform it again I would try to make a prop that would make it look like a stick went trough my assistant legs, with the stick coming out just under her skirt.. Or perhaps add a quickchange.. And definitely I would like to have a table with a large hole in it so I can put the last stick all the way through the table!

Any other suggestions perhaps? How did you like it?
Thank you Smile
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
2751 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Cut down the foolishness at the beginning. Get right into the act.
She goes in wearing a red dress, and should come out in a green dress (or something completely different, like wearing a clown suit and wearing a clown mask). The two of you can have a battle with the sticks, you shove one in and she shoves one out. When she comes out, she can have a bunch of balloons on shoelace covered wires so it appears to be a bunch of helium balloons. She could also come out with a live pet, if you have one that she can sneak into the box and keep safe. The last stick should have a flag on it. You plunge it into the top and then it appears to "die" as we hear a scream and the flag slowly sinks to one side.
DanielSimu
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of DanielSimu
Great suggestions, thank you! I like the idea of the shoving back and forth, and especially that balloon gag is very clever!!!
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
2751 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I forgot to mention the flag ending. After the flag droops down and signals trouble in the box, you start pulling out the other sticks, and the flag begins to rise up on its stick again. Finally when you open the top of the box and she stands up, she is waving the flag triumphantly. You just need the top flag hole in the box to have a way for her to pull the flag out sideways from the top of the box, which she does from inside the box before finally standing up.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Tips on my swordbox performance (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL