The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Smooth by Nicholas Lawrence (50 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
NinoL
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of NinoL
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2018, mikenewman wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2018, CliveHyams wrote:
I live in Surrey South of London and this sort of thing I see my Daughters with in their handbags but never fellas . Handbags on fellas yes but never lipbalm lol Smile . I would never ever say it’s an everyday item for a make to carry in the UK in my honest opinion . Those who do must put it on discreetly as it’s certainly not seen wide spread .

Not trying to drag this out.. But I am very intrigued.

We are talking about Chapstick. NOT Lipstick. Big difference. Chapstick (What this effect uses) is a moisturizer and "healing" for lips that are dry, chapped.

Like me and many others have said. This is and has been very normal and not at all un-common or weird for men, boys, girls, women, anyone... carry and use every day for some. Especially in the winter.

They're readily available at gas stations, grocery stores, convenience stores, Target, WalMart... everywhere.

Not all are the "Chapstick" brand. I actually have in my car one that is called Carmex. I even have extras that I offer to riders (Men included) when I am driving for Uber and Lyft part time.

Again,
Not trying to start any issues here. But I am truly baffled and curious why this is strange to some of you in Europe.
I just don't get it...
It's a Magical Mystery in itself!!! LMAO!!!

Mike

Ignore them, it's just as common in the UK and Europe. I remember when I was a teenager some 'boys' would think it was 'for girls' but these are the same boys that thought washing your face in the morning was for girls or brushing your teeth twice a day.

Bleeding lips are not fun, or cool.

Anyone over the age of 15 will realise this is a common product for both men and women. It might not be as used - the winters are not as cold in the UK after all, but I always have one and generally a Carmex or something at home.

You want proof that it's a common product? Go in any supermarket, petrol station or shop and see the number of chapsticks by the checkout. Someone's buying it guys, or else they wouldn't sell it Smile

I like the look of this trick. I think it'll fool people and is much more natural than using a pen IMO, especially in a street situation. Not for everyone, and maybe an unnecessary addition, but in that case don't buy it!
Griflex
View Profile
New user
North Wales UK
89 Posts

Profile of Griflex
So is it 100% correct that there is no switch invlolved here??? and that the one chapstick used can be examined as soon as its pulled out of the bill?
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Ya mine shipped today
tomdeg
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2018, MR Effecto wrote:
Ya mine shipped today

Mine too!!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
To Griiflex, it can look as clean as the demo. No cleaner. There is no switch. That is a true but incomplete statement
samdan
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of samdan
Xcath—do you like the effect? Thx
Oscar999
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of Oscar999
Sure it looks magical ... and yes, I guess you can justify carrying it around.

But why would you ever push a "chapstick" through a dollar bill?

For me, this is a trick in search of motivation ...

Oscar
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2018, Oscar999 wrote:

Oscar

Err because you’re a magician and you can.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Honestly, saw it at Magic Live, bought during shopping fever and have not played with it since. Been busy. It’s nice visuall effect and doesn’t take a lot of pocket space. I think it ias an effect it is much closer than cig throw coin than pen through bill
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2018, pegasus wrote:
Quote:

Oscar

Exactly! After reading some of the comments posted here I wonder if some of these people actually perform magic.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Your so right RNK....................
Oscar999
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of Oscar999
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2018, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2018, pegasus wrote:
Quote:

Oscar

Exactly! After reading some of the comments posted here I wonder if some of these people actually perform magic.

In my opinion, "because you're a magician and you can" is the justification for the lowest common denominator.

Some effects are just plain silly and pointless.

Oscar
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
There is nothing silly about this effect whatsoever. Visually it looks freaking awesome!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Oscar999
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of Oscar999
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2018, RNK wrote:
There is nothing silly about this effect whatsoever. Visually it looks freaking awesome!

Agreed, there is a nice visual element to it.

Oscar
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Nothing wrong with simply performing some eye candy every once in a while.
No need for justification any more than cig thru quarter or a myriad of other very popular effects.

But obviously no effect is going to be well-suited for everyone. To each their own.

I think rather than making a blanket statement that a trick is silly or pointless or whatever, people should get in the habit of simply saying that the trick is not for them.
That I can easily understand and accept. Saying it is pointless I cannot.

(Although it really is literally pointless which brings us back around to a Chapstick couldn't really penetrate a bill, blah, blah, blah.) Smile
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
On the topic of justification...I don't think spectators give a flying !@#$ on why you put a Chapstick through a bill or why his card came flying out of a deck, they are there to be entertained and they are being entertained with this effect!

Sleepy
Oscar999
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of Oscar999
Defend this trick all you want.

Frankly, I think it's pointless.

But that's just my opinion ... and I'm not apt to change it based on any arguments I've seen here.

Oscar
JohnD
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of JohnD
I personally much prefer the effect ignition which uses a key rather than using a chapstick for a similar result . Each to their own of course 🙂
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2018, JohnD wrote:
I personally much prefer the effect ignition which uses a key rather than using a chapstick for a similar result . Each to their own of course 🙂

Does the key slowly melt through? If not it’s not similar.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
I still think the pens on the market make more sense and cost so much less, that this is unnecessary and a waste of money. Just my opinion.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Smooth by Nicholas Lawrence (50 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL