We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Impression Vanish by Peter Boie (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
AceFace
View Profile
Loyal user
Tring UK
279 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2018, Larry Davidson wrote:
Could this be used to turn a penny into a dime using a ma****ic penny ] covering a dime?

Absolutely 👍👍
JohnD
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of JohnD
I have in my crayon version covered the m.g..t with something soft to stop any sound.
I would imagine you could do that with the pencil on this too 🙂
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5251 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Thanks, AceFace.
Hustler2014
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Hustler2014
Is the pencil a neccesary part of the effect? I like the idea of pressing around the coin when it's under the paper, to create a 3D indentation on the paper, and then pressing/smoothing that indentation out for the vanish, almost as if it's being 'pressed' into the table from under the paper - would that work?
JohnD
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of JohnD
With a fat oblong crayon for imprints it absolutely does 🙂
sevenup
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
130 Posts

Profile of sevenup
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2018, Hustler2014 wrote:
Is the pencil a neccesary part of the effect? I like the idea of pressing around the coin when it's under the paper, to create a 3D indentation on the paper, and then pressing/smoothing that indentation out for the vanish, almost as if it's being 'pressed' into the table from under the paper - would that work?

What I like about this is the fact that the penny is clearly under the paper as you are making a visible impression of it without touching it with your fingers. You could use something other than a pencil like a crayon but just pressing on the paper over the penny won't be seen. Furthermore, your fingers would be touching the penny. Not good. The illusion is that the penny is never touched by anything other than the tip of the pencil.

Everything works just fine the way it is. The only thing I did change now is to use a pack of yellow post-it notes. That seems to make it a tad bit easier to do as the paper is anchored to the table. So instead of pulling out a single 3x3 piece of paper, grab the pack of post-it notes and then peel one off and proceed as normal.
If Max Maven has a drivers license, why doesn't he drive?
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3409 Posts

Profile of emyers99
You could use just your fingers but you’d need a gimmick similar to what Axel Hecklau uses for Just a Cup. But I agree this version looks better with the pencil.
JohnD
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of JohnD
With my crayon version you do not touch the coin at all with your fingers you cleanly rub the impression with the crayon and when you take the crayon away everything is cleanly done and stolen away for you 🙂
thejavman
View Profile
New user
SC
10 Posts

Profile of thejavman
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2018, sevenup wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2018, Hustler2014 wrote:

What I like about this is the fact that the penny is clearly under the paper as you are making a visible impression of it without touching it with your fingers. You could use something other than a pencil like a crayon but just pressing on the paper over the penny won't be seen. Furthermore, your fingers would be touching the penny. Not good. The illusion is that the penny is never touched by anything other than the tip of the pencil.

Everything works just fine the way it is. The only thing I did change now is to use a pack of yellow post-it notes. That seems to make it a tad bit easier to do as the paper is anchored to the table. So instead of pulling out a single 3x3 piece of paper, grab the pack of post-it notes and then peel one off and proceed as normal.

Thanks! I love that idea.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Impression Vanish by Peter Boie (27 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL