The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bill Citono's Sleepless Nights, a review (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5818 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Hi all,

I've posted my review of Bill Citino's Sleepless Nights e-book here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=159

Best to all,
Vlad
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8122 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Man, if we had people in our administration as capable and honest at putting forth good analysis and review of things as this, well, I guess things might be a bit better than they are, but that's another story. 🤔

We should all get to be reviewed so forthrightly as this one, and by such a wonderful writer that looks forward to expressing the depths of things. Thank you Vlad for this wonderfully thorough review of Bill Citino's work, Sleepless Nights.

And Bill would be "sleepless" as he is such a serious sort when it comes to coin magic. He has submerged himself for years in its bowels, learned the art from some of the very best, and has earned great respect from them as to his own efforts. On top of that, he's also one heckuva nice guy and a real clever magician. It is our good fortune that he thought enough of the craft to record his works and thinkings. Not surprised that he gives credit where it's due, and he get's big credit from me for doing it every step of the way in all his works. I think this might be his 2nd book or so, and I can bear witness that what Vlad so vividly found to be true of Bill's work, so have I seen the same beauty of intent and desire laid out in his offerings.

I need a good book to read as to the art, every so often I just need to bathe myself in some good thinking as to it. I've bathed in these waters before (with Bill's first book a while back) and will now again, I'm sure, soon enough. Smile Im a big fan of Bill's work because it's real good, the kind of coin magic that I cut my teeth on, always with wonderful new nuances and approach. Appreciate the fine review here, from a most educated eye whether it's a raisin or a thumb palm, he see's it and appreciates it most thoroughly. These two efforts are stellar, and whenever I see two strong trees such at this standing together, one in support of the other, well, I know it's a good place to stand too, and I recommend it highly as such to all. Smile
*Check out my latest: Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Not much new under the sun I hear but under the moon, well who knows, that just might be a horse of a different color." -Mb Smile
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
821 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
A great book, highly recommended- well done Bill, Top marks
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5818 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2018, Mb217 wrote:
Man, if we had people in our administration as capable and honest at putting forth good analysis and review of things as this, well, I guess things might be a bit better than they are, but that's another story. 🤔

We should all get to be reviewed so forthrightly as this one, and by such a wonderful writer that looks forward to expressing the depths of things. Thank you Vlad for this wonderfully thorough review of Bill Citino's work, Sleepless Nights.

And Bill would be "sleepless" as he is such a serious sort when it comes to coin magic. He has submerged himself for years in its bowels, learned the art from some of the very best, and has earned great respect from them as to his own efforts. On top of that, he's also one heckuva nice guy and a real clever magician. It is our good fortune that he thought enough of the craft to record his works and thinkings. Not surprised that he gives credit where it's due, and he get's big credit from me for doing it every step of the way in all his works. I think this might be his 2nd book or so, and I can bear witness that what Vlad so vividly found to be true of Bill's work, so have I seen the same beauty of intent and desire laid out in his offerings.

I need a good book to read as to the art, every so often I just need to bathe myself in some good thinking as to it. I've bathed in these waters before (with Bill's first book a while back) and will now again, I'm sure, soon enough. Smile Im a big fan of Bill's work because it's real good, the kind of coin magic that I cut my teeth on, always with wonderful new nuances and approach. Appreciate the fine review here, from a most educated eye whether it's a raisin or a thumb palm, he see's it and appreciates it most thoroughly. These two efforts are stellar, and whenever I see two strong trees such at this standing together, one in support of the other, well, I know it's a good place to stand too, and I recommend it highly as such to all. Smile

Hey there my dear friend, Thank you for the kind words! But, it's easy to write reviews on things that are stellar quality. Over the years we have known each other here you have sent me videos of your fine work and I suspect at least a little part of the reason you have is to encourage me toperform more coin magic. I'm working on it Smoove but with guys like you and Bill around, maybe I stick to creating a technique for anti-faroing illusionistsjust because I'm like that. Smile

Hope this post finds you well!!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5213 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
So where is this available?

Thanks!

Jim
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5818 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2018, J-Mac wrote:
So where is this available?

Thanks!

Jim

Hi Jim,

Here you go!

https://www.citinomagic.com/products
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
7929 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have read through this incredible work three times - once in amazement, a second in appreciation, and third in contemplation. The style is very readable and the illustrations a fine companion. Even those who think they need a video to learn from will be pleased. One key factor is the "preview" of what each adventure contains. There are several tricks/stratagems I will never perform, but still acquired valuable insight and ideas to apply to a more favored method.

That review sounds a bit stogy, so I will add "fun" to the list. As magic occurs in the mind of the observer/reader, it is easy to both find magic bubbling forth and imagining impact on a future audience. Now I want to find his other books and look forward to future ones.

On a slightly negative side, I feel the assumptions about the average magician's familiarity with, and access, to some referred methods are optimistic. It is a tough call for any writer. In future books I suggest an appendix of "standard moves." The very detailed references/credits might be better in an appendix also - the advantage being less interruption to the flow of the working material. Those who want/need either information can browse at will.

Back to positive acclaim, the editing is superb and greatly appreciated. Many thanks for the opportunity to share in your sleepless efforts.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
countrymaven
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Awesome contributions guys. Vlad, we owe you for this.
Thanks Joe.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5818 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2018, countrymaven wrote:
Awesome contributions guys. Vlad, we owe you for this.
Thanks Joe.

Thank you Countrymaven, but, nah, no one owes me anything my friend. If my review has helped potential purchasers make a more informed decision, then that is payment enough. Besides, I have caused many a hemorrhaging eye in that review so I owe readers for the cotton. Smile

Slainte!!

Vlad
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Elite user
prototype
417 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
I was able to get this and finally put my thoughts down.
Review here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=0#3
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
827 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
I’m super late to the party with this, but I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who took the time to review the book. I appreciate everyone’s kinds words and more importantly am very happy that people are enjoying the material and finding use for it.

Best,
Bill
CitinoMAGIC: SLEEPLESS NIGHTS eBook - AVAILABLE NOW!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5213 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
The first few routines I have worked through are well designed and well-explained. It's a great book; I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Thanks Bill!

Jim McGowan
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8122 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Me too... Very nice indeed! Smile

I hear some folks saying they like to learn from books, well, this is a nice one to do it with. Smile
*Check out my latest: Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Not much new under the sun I hear but under the moon, well who knows, that just might be a horse of a different color." -Mb Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bill Citono's Sleepless Nights, a review (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL