The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Gallery by Marc Spelmann (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Hi All,

A quick heads up.

Marc Spelmann is due to release his first new effect in over 10 years, coming off the back of his great contribution to this years Britains Got Talent.

For a sneeky peak at this and your chance to grab a preorder copy join us today at 14.00 hrs GMT for the Alakazam Live.

Regards
Dr Rob
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
I think this looks really good. Love the idea of using card skills without doing a card trick.

https://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-The-G......mlreally
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Looks great - Marc is tops
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
A lot of people have explored the idea of doing 'card tricks' with a framing that gets away from feeling like card tricks, and a picture deck is a natural development of this idea. What sets this product apart from others I think is the HUGE amount of material that Alakazam are putting out for it - the effect list they showed today on the LIVE was mad, and its' from the minds of Marc and Peter, and material that Marc uses commercial IRL and has done for years and years, because this is (apparently) an updated release of something Marc has had for ages. It looks great and I can think of loads of uses for it.

Phill
The new Elysian Duets, marked cards featuring my unique Optical Marking System:
-+: https://phillsmithcreative.com/products/elysian-duets :+-
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Looks great!
funnymagic
View Profile
Regular user
The funny farm
166 Posts

Profile of funnymagic
Loved what he did on BGT so will be buying this.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Just doesn't look organic like something you'd buy at a dollar store or vegas trip etc.
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
939 Posts

Profile of andykean
John C doesn't that make it organic by default?
wanderwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of wanderwizard
Marc and Peter bounce ideas off each other so I am gonna go and order this without waiting for reviews coming to the Café,The non playing card tricks really fool your audience
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2018, andykean wrote:
John C doesn't that make it organic by default?

No, in my mind, its better to use something bought in a dollar store or a teaching aid than a slick perfected card

But that's just in my mind. My mind is kinda weird.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
John C only buys wallets so this would be of no use to him.
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
939 Posts

Profile of andykean
Sorry John C I misread your comment.
It makes sense but I think the trade off will be more than worth it .
NeverMind
View Profile
Loyal user
Right up there. On the stage.
283 Posts

Profile of NeverMind
This looks good. Will be getting it. But kinda felt that this should've been done long back - I mean a deck other than playing cards.
It is better to be trusted than liked.
Under promise. Over perform.
Peter Morrissey
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Peter Morrissey
Looks look a winner to me. As mentioned above, surprised the whole deck / photo thing hasn't been done before. Marc's great and it seems like you get plenty of ideas for your money
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2018, Peter Morrissey wrote:
Looks look a winner to me. As mentioned above, surprised the whole deck / photo thing hasn't been done before. Marc's great and it seems like you get plenty of ideas for your money

It has been done before but in different ways for different effects..............

1. Stephen Eric Youngs - Pho Psy Pro &
2. Scott Paton & Stephen Eric Youngs - Memory Lane.

Regards
Dr Rob
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Anton James released the Mentalist Symbol Pack https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=55497

...but back on topic.
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
The Gallery Deck preorders are being shipped today (Tuesday 9th October 2018) and the associated videos for the various effects are being added to Alakazam customer accounts - at the last count there were 21 videos and Im sure that just the start !

At the time of posting that is over 4 hours of tuition free of charge.

Regards
Dr Rob
Magic Fingers
View Profile
New user
Blackpool, UK
68 Posts

Profile of Magic Fingers
Mine landed yesterday. Luckily I got the videos in my Alakazam account a few days ago so have had a look through most of it and was eager to get my hands on the cards. There were no surprises when they arrived but I do like the design of the box and not sure if it was deliberate but the fact the box is larger than a standard card box made them seem more like a memory recall item rather than a ‘pack of cards’...to me at least. I’m really looking forward to using these now and I think it opens up such a vast array of presentational ideas and effects you might not ordinarily consider with playing cards. My only gripe is that my cards had a significant bend in them which may be down to the way they were vacuum packed.
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
I subscribe to Bob Cassidy's thinking about these kinds of decks. So I won't be investing unfortunately.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2018, Nevets wrote:
I subscribe to Bob Cassidy's thinking about these kinds of decks. So I won't be investing unfortunately.

It all depends how you use the cards. They are tools and with them you can create wonders. Whether picking up thoughts, colours, actions, using them for design duplications, visual images can be the springboard for so much.

My order is in. And with DrRob's valuable insight into this, I know The Gallery will be something special.

Neil
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Gallery by Marc Spelmann (32 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL