The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Amazebox Kraft - Mark Shortland (a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
742 Posts

Profile of canaday
Amazebox Kraft - Mark Shortland
$60.00
https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=61190

The Hype:
Vanishing Inc. and theory11 are proud to present their first collaboration - The AmazeBox Kraft by Mark Shortland.

The AmazeBox and AmazeBox Black remain Vanishing Inc.'s bestseller of ALL TIME. Now this critically-praised, best-selling trick just got three notches BETTER.

The AmazeBox was already regarded as the finest stage switching device ever devised, but now it has gotten even better!

Made of thick, brown Kraft card, the AmazeBox Kraft now looks like regular cardboard box - it doesn't look like a prop at all! Your spectators can drop in their thoughts, ideas or questions and you can switch them ALL out in less than a second. Better still, the box is designed to allow a spectator to open it!

The AmazeBox Kraft allows you to switch up to 200 small, folded pieces of paper for your own pre-written papers... without EVER touching the box. For example, during your intermission you can invite everyone at your show to think of their favorite film, write it down, and drop it into the "simple" cardboard box onstage. YOU NEVER GO NEAR IT. When you return to the stage, you can invite any spectator onstage to open the box, reach inside, and pull out any paper at random. Voila! You've just executed the cleanest, most direct force we've ever encountered, all thanks to AmazeBox Kraft!

There are THREE notable design improvements to get excited about:

1. It packs smaller than previous models, and still packs totally flat. It comes in a gorgeous carrying envelope that was printed on an old-style press.

2. The magnetic locking system and metal reinforcements come already installed which means it will only take you four seconds to assemble when you arrive at your gig!

3. Stronger materials. This cardboard is long-lasting and durable. Unlike corrugated card (of which previous models were made), the AmazeBox Kraft will not buckle or damage, making it perfect for travelling!

In a brand new instructional video, you will learn how to use the box and also some amazing routines that are perfect for this box. Then the fun begins - you get to come up with your own routines for this incredible utility device!

If you already have an AmazeBox, you know the POWER of this prop, and you can see the advantages of AmazeBox Kraft. If you've never experimented with AmazeBox before, AmazeBox Kraft is the PERFECT entry model to add to your next parlor or stage performance.

My Take:
You should already be aware of both Vanishing Inc. and Theory 11. They both have made enormous names for themselves online. Joshua Jay and Andi Gladwin of Vanishing Inc. have both been on Penn & Teller - Fool Us and Blake Vogt of Theory 11 did a turn on America's Got Talent. Needless to say that each company has an abundance of magic skills and knowledge and the idea to collaborate on a product can only mean great things.

When I see the demo of a product, I usually try to figure out the method but after watching the video for Amazebox, I had no idea. I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one and, yes, it was well worth the wait.

Amazebox comes packaged in a sturdy cardboard cover that is perfect for taking out to a gig with you. The only problem could possibly be the size. While quite thin, the cover measures 22" X 17", which means that it will not fit into your close up case. However, this is well worth taking along by itself.

When you take it out of the cover, you see what appears to be a collapsed box. The downloadable 16 minute video says that some construction is involved. Now, don't get excited. A lot of us have gotten tricks in the last few years that required extensive arts and crafts, knives, scissors, glue, tape, etc. Not here. You have everything you need in your hands as soon as you take it out. All that needs to be done is some folding and sliding tabs into slots.You will have to play with it a bit as the cardboard is stiff and needs to be broken in so flaps will stay in place. The more you play with it, the better it gets. There are also magnets built in that help in the performance. And to go to jobs or home, the box easily collapses back down into the way it came and goes right back into the cover.

You might be used to magic props that are colorfully decorated. You won't get any box with dragons here. It looks exactly like what you would buy for an election at a club meeting. It is plain Kraft cardboard with no writing. It looks perfectly innocent while concealing the trickery within. I love clever and inventive thinking and this one has both in Spades. Once you see how it goes together, you will be amazed at just how clever the construction is.

You are given several ideas to use in performances but no actual performance video is included. However, if you are unable to come up with a routine for this on your own, it is time to pick another career. The night after I got Amazebox, I was unable to sleep. I lay in bed with ideas firing through my brain. This prop is so rich in possible uses that it will be hard to pick just one.

The one I will probably use most often is the movie choice. I plan on obtaining a poster of some film, folding it up and placing it into a sealed envelope. I then have 20 to 30 (although the copy says you can have up to 200) people each write their favorite movie on a small piece of paper and fold it up. You actually let the box be passed around while your audience drops their slips into the slot. The last person brings the box back to the stage and opens it without you touching it. He removes one piece of paper and reads it. The envelope is opened and the movie poster that is removed matches the paper.

The only qualm I have with this is that the slot is not large enough to drop a boxed deck into. If it was, it would be perfect for deck switches. The way I got around this is to load a new, sealed deck and hand my spectator a bunch of loose cards and a torn up box. After putting them into the slot, the box is opened to reveal the brand new deck. No work at all and you have created a miracle.

This is a fabulous addition to your show. If you have read Corinda and are still uncomfortable with a billet switch, this is the thing for you. Every thing is self working so you can concentrate 100% on presentation.

Amazebox also comes in white in a smaller size for $40.00 and in black for $65.00. I prefer the Kraft as it looks so natural and innocent sitting there.

Amazebox gets four thumbs up (is that even possible?). If you want something that can add 5-10 minutes to your show that you can do right out of the box, you cannot get better than this. Highly recommended.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Amazebox Kraft - Mark Shortland (a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL