The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Reverse color deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Signet
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of Signet
A magician was showing me some older Aviator decks. He had one deck where the hearts and diamonds were printed black, while the spades and clubs were red. He called it a reverse color deck. Does anyone know where I can get a modern deck like this? Also is this the correct name?
Markus_M
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Markus_M
There are Bycicle 'reverse back' decks. But they do something else. They switch all white in the card to the Colorado of the Backdesign and vice versa.
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
Signet:

David Regal used to sell a color changing deck trick where not only did the backs of the cards change color but the faces reversed like you mentioned above. If you are interested Penguin sells this for about $20.

Tee
Mentalism for the Metroplex
Signet
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of Signet
Those decks sound interesting, but the one I'm looking for is a standard back with the normally red suits printed in black and the normally black printed in red. He put this deck in my hand and told me to think of a card. He snapped his fingers and said,"It's now gone from the deck.". Sure enough, I couldn't find it. I was fooled. My eyes never noticed the deck wasn't printed right. He had a good laugh, but then told me the secret. This is a darn good trick.
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
Signet,

The David Regal deck is what you want. Trust me on this. I have it in my hands even as I write.

Ted
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2018, tgplano wrote:
Signet,

The David Regal deck is what you want. Trust me on this. I have it in my hands even as I write.

Ted

I agree, I had it at one time but gave it to a fellow magician as a gift because I never ended up putting it into my set at the time. It "checks the boxes" in your original post (other than the Aviator back). I personally do not remember if my deck had red or blue backs though. I doubt it was made in both colors so tgplano can let us know the "primary back color" a few cards (3?), of the other color and regular faces, add the "abracadabra" to the effect and can simply be removed giving you a full deck with Red "Rider Back" (if they never re-printed them from the original run of the effect which is very possible) backs and the faces will be - Hearts and Diamonds with Black Pips and Spades and clubs with Red Pips.

I am actually considering re-buying this effect now.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
My deck is red backed bicycle.

Ted
Signet
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of Signet
Thanks for all your help, guys. I will get this deck. I have a couple of people who this will amaze. It takes your expectations of what you should be seeing and turns them on you. Best of all, it made me laugh.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
The reason I got a couple is you never know when you might need another odd back card for a packet trick. For face cards and 2-10 you could use a red bike a blue bike a phoenix back as well as a unique back from the rainbow deck.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Reverse color deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL