The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pyro Pen by Ellusionist controversy!??! (36 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
LarryLong
View Profile
New user
my house lol
5 Posts

Profile of LarryLong
Long time lurker, first time posting because I can't find anything about this. Saw that sandsminds had released something called Pyro Sharpie, so after a quick google I found this page on Ellusionist's site https://www.ellusionist.com/pyro-pen.html

Doesn't look like they've released it yet, although from the video, it seems like it's filmed and ready for the holidays. I was suspicious that Sandminds released what everyone knows is an Ellusionist line of products. I saw Adam Wilbur post the teaser for this on his social media, and then the day after a pre-release for it goes up on Sandsminds site with an iPhone video.

anyone know what's going on? Feels like another tasty bit of magic industry drama lmao!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
There already was a thread for this. Not to mention it was on the same page already, did you even look?
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=6757
Check out Bafflingbob.com
LarryLong
View Profile
New user
my house lol
5 Posts

Profile of LarryLong
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2018, RNK wrote:
There already was a thread for this. Not to mention it was on the same page already, did you even look?

Your link takes me to a thread for Snow Powder??? You oughta lay off that stuff! lolol

I saw the other thread but this is a different product. That thread is about Pyro Sharpie from Sandmind. This is about Ellusionists Pyro Pen. I've alwys read these forums and the rules show that new products need new threads. so, this one is valid.

Thanks!!!
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Quote:

To be fair that one was for the Sans Minds one and this is about the Ellusionist one
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Oh. my bad and apologies!!
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Funny how e is taking the credit for the innovation of a fire shooting sharpie. Saying how others will copy them.... when, in turn, House of Fire was, I believe, the first and released the Sure Shot Sharpie many years ago.
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2018, LarryLong wrote:
Quote:

Your link takes me to a thread for Snow Powder???

Misdirection?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2018, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
Funny how e is taking the credit for the innovation of a fire shooting sharpie. Saying how others will copy them.... when, in turn, House of Fire was, I believe, the first and released the Sure Shot Sharpie many years ago.

Exactly! And I will guarantee that Ellusionist will not let you send back your item if it breaks and not only fix it for free but ship it back to you for free like House of Fire does!
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
Quote:

Exactly! And I will guarantee that Ellusionist will not let you send back your item if it breaks and not only fix it for free but ship it back to you for free like House of Fire does!

Why would you 'guarantee' such a thing without even checking? This is the second time in this thread you've been inaccurate.

We actually offer replacements for all faulty/broken items and a 60day money back guarantee on Pyro Mini & Pyro Pen. It's why we've been in business at the top for 17 years.

Cheers,

- G
BritishMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix. Az
187 Posts

Profile of BritishMagic
I would 100% buy from ellusionist before sansminds; plus with all the pyro effects they have, I'm sure this will work great.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2018, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why would you 'guarantee' such a thing without even checking? This is the second time in this thread you've been inaccurate.

We actually offer replacements for all faulty/broken items and a 60day money back guarantee on Pyro Mini & Pyro Pen. It's why we've been in business at the top for 17 years.

Cheers,

- G

So you are guaranteeing that at anytime if the pen breaks even after the 60 days they can send it back to you and you will fix it for free and ship it back for free? Just to clarify for future purchasers.
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Regular user
VA
193 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
From the ad copy. “You'll love your new Pyro Pen, but if not
return the unit anytime within 60 days for a no-questions-asked full-on money back guarantee (minus shipping).”

Regardless, I’m sure the unit will work fine And Ellusionist will stand by their product. Order In.
Just one question, is this unit charged by usb?

cheers!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2018, pelicantrapper wrote:
From the ad copy. “You'll love your new Pyro Pen, but if not
return the unit anytime within 60 days for a no-questions-asked full-on money back guarantee (minus shipping).”

Regardless, I’m sure the unit will work fine And Ellusionist will stand by their product. Order In.
Just one question, is this unit charged by usb?

cheers!

The question is not whether you like it or not and can return it within the 60 days if you do not like it. The question is if it breaks after the 60 days will ellusionist guarantee that you can return the pen and they will fix it for free and ship it back to you for free? There is a big difference there. Let's see if G can guarantee this? Because that's exactly what will happen at the House of Fire, no matter how long you have had the unit if it ever breaks you can send it back and he will fix it for free and ship it back to you for free.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Link to House of Fire, please?
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2018, EZrhythm wrote:
Link to House of Fire, please?

PM'd you. It's not my intention to overtake a thread, I'm just here passing on my own experience with someone who sells top quality products, makes each product by hand and stands by his product if it ever fails no matter how long you've had the unit! FOREVER!

And since G was pointing out my inaccuracies I would like for him to come here and clarify whether or not you get lifetime servicing and free shipment back for as long as you have had the unit, not just for 60 days?
miker50
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of miker50
Checked a house of fire sure and did not notice a sharpie pen there. May be missing it but I searched for a while.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
A second high recommendation for Rick at ahouseoffire.com, great products and great customer service.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Rick from http://www.ahouseoffire.com/ made me a one of kind, custom, fire effect, that I would open my show with. Nobody else on the planet has it or ever will. (at least while I'm alive) He is an amazing person and an all around nice guy. If it has to do with fire, he is the only person I would ever buy from.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2018, miker50 wrote:
Checked a house of fire sure and did not notice a sharpie pen there. May be missing it but I searched for a while.

I should be hearing from Rick soon about the pen and will let you know.

Rick also made me a custom fire burning briefcase. It is fantastic! Further, Rick has been doing this for many years, more than the 17 years Ellusionist has been in business. And Rick specializes in fire products, no one makes better quality fire products that will last!

And I'm assuming the non-reply from Geraint indicates that you will not get lifetime servicing for your unit if it breaks. That is why I guaranteed what I said.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2018, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2018, miker50 wrote:

I should be hearing from Rick soon about the pen and will let you know.

Rick also made me a custom fire burning briefcase. It is fantastic! Further, Rick has been doing this for many years, more than the 17 years Ellusionist has been in business. And Rick specializes in fire products, no one makes better quality fire products that will last!

And I'm assuming the non-reply from Geraint indicates that you will not get lifetime servicing for your unit if it breaks. That is why I guaranteed what I said.

Hey man,

No-reply from me within a few hours as I don't spend my life on this forum... I'm out working hard, spending time with family and don't need to clarify things that have already been clarified.

The 60-day money back guarantee is for the product... however we do replace faulty items as company policy, no matter how sharpie-shaped it is. I can tell from your persistence on pushing that other product on this thread that you really like that company - which is great.

Not all companies offer lifetime guarantees on their products. Lifetime is a very hard thing to enforce. We don't know how people use/mis-use or accidentally break units over time... so we can only replace with what we deem is a fair window of time for normal use.

This is usually approached on a case-by-case basis when someone emails in to our support@ellusionist.com email address.

I've researched the product you've mentioned too and they are not the same product. That one sounds great and ignites flash paper on contact. Pyro Pen shoots fireballs like a tiny pocket-bazooka, into the air.

I appreciate your hard work on this forum, but I think it's unfair of you to spuriously make claims and guarantees about a product you've not looked into and promote someone else's different product on this thread.

If you don't have a unit, or don't want one... it's probably best not to get involved. You're free to have your opinion, but it should be informed as other potential users might take your remarks as gospel.

- G
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pyro Pen by Ellusionist controversy!??! (36 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL