The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pyro Pen by Ellusionist controversy!??! (36 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
RodrigoGrando
View Profile
Loyal user
Pennsylvania
226 Posts

Profile of RodrigoGrando
I always had a great service from the Ellusionist team. I don't understand all this hate...
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2018, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2018, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2018, miker50 wrote:
Checked a house of fire sure and did not notice a sharpie pen there. May be missing it but I searched for a while.

I should be hearing from Rick soon about the pen and will let you know.

Rick also made me a custom fire burning briefcase. It is fantastic! Further, Rick has been doing this for many years, more than the 17 years Ellusionist has been in business. And Rick specializes in fire products, no one makes better quality fire products that will last!

And I'm assuming the non-reply from Geraint indicates that you will not get lifetime servicing for your unit if it breaks. That is why I guaranteed what I said.

Hey man,

No-reply from me within a few hours as I don't spend my life on this forum... I'm out working hard, spending time with family and don't need to clarify things that have already been clarified.

The 60-day money back guarantee is for the product... however we do replace faulty items as company policy, no matter how sharpie-shaped it is. I can tell from your persistence on pushing that other product on this thread that you really like that company - which is great.

Not all companies offer lifetime guarantees on their products. Lifetime is a very hard thing to enforce. We don't know how people use/mis-use or accidentally break units over time... so we can only replace with what we deem is a fair window of time for normal use.

This is usually approached on a case-by-case basis when someone emails in to our support@ellusionist.com email address.

I've researched the product you've mentioned too and they are not the same product. That one sounds great and ignites flash paper on contact. Pyro Pen shoots fireballs like a tiny pocket-bazooka, into the air.

I appreciate your hard work on this forum, but I think it's unfair of you to spuriously make claims and guarantees about a product you've not looked into and promote someone else's different product on this thread.

If you don't have a unit, or don't want one... it's probably best not to get involved. You're free to have your opinion, but it should be informed as other potential users might take your remarks as gospel.

- G

Well G, of course you think it's best not to get involved. Judging from your previous arrogance on the CHANGE thread I would expect you to say that which wasn't very fair either. My remarks about the House of Fire and the quality of Rick's products is exactly spot on and should be looked into by purchasers. After all, we are all hear to help others. So, if I want to come here and help others I surely can get involved.

It's good to hear that you have a life outside this forum as it's very important. I to have plenty going on with three kids, a full time job, average of 2-3 gigs a month, assistant coach for two of my boys ice hockey team but yet I still find a minute to check a thread if I feel it's important to do so.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2018, RodrigoGrando wrote:
I always had a great service from the Ellusionist team. I don't understand all this hate...

For the record, the few products I have previously purchased from "E" have always been shipped and received in very good time. I will give credit when credit is due.
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Quote:

I've researched the product you've mentioned too and they are not the same product. That one sounds great and ignites flash paper on contact. Pyro Pen shoots fireballs like a tiny pocket-bazooka, into the air..."

"....If you don't have a unit, or don't want one... it's probably best not to get involved. You're free to have your opinion, but it should be informed as other potential users might take your remarks as gospel."

- G

The Sure Shot Sharpie by House of Fire is exactly that. It does ignite flash paper (no flash cotton needed) which in turn creates a fireball and shoots in the air like a little bazooka.

Pyro Pen looks cool too. But the ad copy boasting how innovative it is and how it is the first of its kind...how everything else is just an imitation is simply not true. House of Fire innovated this years ago.

You ad copy should be "more informed" as others "might take your remarks as gospel."
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:

Thank you Rodrigo, we appreciate your support. We don't understand it either.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Quote:
Quote:

It's not hateful to tell the TRUTH. Why not do so in your ad copy and avoid the problems your having in this thread?
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
Quote:

Of course you don't understand it. As senor fabuloso stated, maybe if you try telling the truth from the beginning you wouldn't have a problem.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:

Where is the hate?
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
My favorite part of the demo video is when they shoot the fireball and two people walking by don't seem to notice one bit.
Official Thread Killer
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Controversy?

You guys don't know what controversy is.

THIS is controversy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gazNwzC4H0
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2018, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2018, pelicantrapper wrote:
From the ad copy. “You'll love your new Pyro Pen, but if not
return the unit anytime within 60 days for a no-questions-asked full-on money back guarantee (minus shipping).”

Regardless, I’m sure the unit will work fine And Ellusionist will stand by their product. Order In.
Just one question, is this unit charged by usb?

cheers!

The question is not whether you like it or not and can return it within the 60 days if you do not like it. The question is if it breaks after the 60 days will ellusionist guarantee that you can return the pen and they will fix it for free and ship it back to you for free? There is a big difference there. Let's see if G can guarantee this? Because that's exactly what will happen at the House of Fire, no matter how long you have had the unit if it ever breaks you can send it back and he will fix it for free and ship it back to you for free.

ATTENTION: If an item you have purchased has stopped working- send the item back to me.
ANY TAMPERING WITH OUR PRODUCT- WE WILL NOT FIX
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FIX THE ITEM ON YOUR OWN- We will not fix it after you
have tried.

We will of course fix our item as long as product has not been tampered with or abused. less
labor and shipping and only if product is still being produced, or if it is fixable thanks If
you have any questions about our products please ask. Were more then happy to please!

This is House of Fire's policy, whats the big issue with Ellusionist's policy. Sounds pretty much the same. Not understanding the Big Problem.

NM
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2018, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
Funny how e is taking the credit for the innovation of a fire shooting sharpie. Saying how others will copy them.... when, in turn, House of Fire was, I believe, the first and released the Sure Shot Sharpie many years ago.

Question, where would one find a Sure Shot Sharpie for say, a comparison?

NM
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

I'm not seeing it on the site anymore for some reason. Maybe sold out?

I bought it back in 2015 so it wasn't that long ago.
RodrigoGrando
View Profile
Loyal user
Pennsylvania
226 Posts

Profile of RodrigoGrando
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2018, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
I'm not seeing it on the site anymore for some reason. Maybe sold out?

I bought it back in 2015 so it wasn't that long ago.

So, you can buy one from Ellusionist. Link: https://www.ellusionist.com/pyro-pen.html
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

^ Beside the point. Not questioning the legitimacy of e being able to sell their version of it. Just the bs in their ad copy of how they are the originators and everything else is an imitation. When in reality, they are the imitators.

Whether it was intentional or not, who knows...but e should just call it what it is. A very cool advancement in the fireball-shooting -sharpie category.

Otherwise, it's kind of an insult to House of Fire who has been doing this kind of stuff for years. They didn't imitate anyone.
mantel
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2018, magicnorm wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2018, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2018, pelicantrapper wrote:
From the ad copy. “You'll love your new Pyro Pen, but if not
return the unit anytime within ”

Regardless, I’m sure the unit will work fine And Ellusionist will stand by their product. Order In.
Just one question, is this unit charged by usb?

cheers!

The question is not whether you like it or not and can return it within the 60 days if you do not like it. The question is if it breaks after the 60 days will ellusionist guarantee that you can return the pen and they will fix it for free and ship it back to you for free? There is a big difference there. Let's see if G can guarantee this? Because that's exactly what will happen at the House of Fire, no matter how long you have had the unit if it ever breaks you can send it back and he will fix it for free and ship it back to you for free.

ATTENTION: If an item you have purchased has stopped working- send the item back to me.
ANY TAMPERING WITH OUR PRODUCT- WE WILL NOT FIX
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FIX THE ITEM ON YOUR OWN- We will not fix it after you
have tried.

We will of course fix our item as long as product has not been tampered with or abused. less
labor and shipping and only if product is still being produced, or if it is fixable thanks If
you have any questions about our products please ask. Were more then happy to please!

This is House of Fire's policy, whats the big issue with Ellusionist's policy. Sounds pretty much the same. Not understanding the Big Problem.

NM

The big issue is Ellusionist's 60 days for a no-questions-asked full-on money back guarantee (minus shipping). vs House of Fire's lifetime guarantee. 60 days doesn't sound the same as a lifetime.
mantel
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
^ Beside the point. Not questioning the legitimacy of e being able to sell their version of it. Just the bs in their ad copy of how they are the originators and everything else is an imitation. When in reality, they are the imitators.

Whether it was intentional or not, who knows...but e should just call it what it is. A very cool advancement in the fireball-shooting -sharpie category.

Otherwise, it's kind of an insult to House of Fire who has been doing this kind of stuff for years. They didn't imitate anyone.

They've done this before with their Scorpion UV System. When someone pointed out that Sue-Anne Webster's Blacklight was released before Ellusionist's Scorpion UV System the result was this:

Quote:
On Jan 18, 2006, unilogo wrote:
I used to respect them. They got me INTO magic but-

"You have been banned for the following reason:
None

Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

WOW.

Can you believe that?I was going to buy several items from them and that message didn't appear to bother them anymore.

Ellusionist got mad and wanted me to apologize because before the scorpion system came out I pointed out it wasn't an original idea. To sell it as so was unethical.

The reply I got from them "You are lying and developement for the system is an ORIGINAL idea never heard of before."

Ofcourse I sent them a reply and showed them the auctual item I was talking about. It costs like 15 dollars. They mixed it with some stamps and got some force cards and called it their own.

Next thing I know, I get that message.

Ellusionist......what a joke.

Anyone remember ellusionist used to have this campaign to advertise their "david blaine street magic" magic you can do.

Where they wrote an essay and a question was asked "Does David Blaine have any rivals"

In a really cocky voice they said "NO WAY..... Altho CRISS ANGEL would like to think so"

Now ellusionist is selling Criss Angel stuff.

Give me a break.

Forget ellusionist....

Why do I dislike ellusionist. THERE YOU GO.

Now why does the word "hypocrites" spring to my mind.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Quote:

Rick would be the first to say that on many of his items, he was improving on original creations of Theater Effects.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

I've been communicating with Rick on this and he does maintain that he was the first to do this with the Sharpie years ago.

He stopped selling the Sure Shot Sharpie recently but did wholesale some to the following Australian company...fourth one down if you want to check it out (the demo has him doing a close up shot but it shoots it in the air too like a little bazooka):

http://www.geelongfireworks.com.au/flash-fire-1.php

When I bought it back in 2015, it was $65

I think e should credit him for the innovation. They can boast all they want about how they refined and improved it.
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Mantel, I don’t see where your seeing Lifetime guarantee. The way it reads is - will fix as long as you haven’t “ abused, tampered with, or tried to fix yourself “ all of which can be very subjective. On top of that “. LESS LABOR and SHIPPING “. ? You seem to want to compare a return in 60 days if your not satisfied “. Which has nothing to do with repairing a defective item”. to a send in your item for repair if not working and we will fix IF it meets certain criteria (. Which buy the way is completely fine ). “ Less shipping “ is the same on both. Does Ellusionist say they will not repair their products? Doubtful. I have not read anyone from House of Fire on here raising an uproar over who’s first, who’s policy is better etc... Is this item even out yet to compare? Sounds like a lot of heat that is unwarranted.

NM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pyro Pen by Ellusionist controversy!??! (36 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL