The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Anki deck construction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David_MacFarlane
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of David_MacFarlane
Hi,

I'm about to take a crack at building an Anki deck for the Mnemonica stack. Anki is an advanced flash card system that automatically determines how often to show you a flash card based on how well you've done on it in the past.

Anki will let me ask various sorts of questions. I figure that I want:

1. What is the 8th card in the stack?
2. What position is 4C in the stack?
3. What card comes after the 9D in the stack?
4. What card comes before the 3C in the stack?

Anybody think of any other sort of questions? And, if anybody's got experience with Anki, do you agree going with a deck for each different stack makes the most sense?

Thanks,
David
Ferry Gerats
View Profile
Regular user
the Netherlands
190 Posts

Profile of Ferry Gerats
Hello,
The type of questions you propose will suffice to learn the stack and if you do not use the stack often, the questions will be useful to maintain your memory of the stack.
Questions that could be added are:
1. If the six of diamonds is at the top, at which position from the top will be the jack of clubs?
2. If the ace of spades is at the bottom, at which position from the top will be the queen of hearts?

Just my 2cents.
tom_stamm
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
248 Posts

Profile of tom_stamm
I use a privately distributed memdeck trainer. Some of the questions asked (besides the ones you already mentioned.):
What are the 4 positions of the Aces (or 2s or 10’s or Queens....)?
And since I am an Aronson guy, There are questions on the Zensational sub-stack in Aronson.
What card do you cut to the bottom to give the second position in the deal a full house?
What card position do you cut to the bottom of the deck to give the dealer a straight?
Just Some Guy.

"For Seven Tons of the King's Tea,
Six Fine Ladies to Fight a Great Jackass -- me."
David_MacFarlane
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of David_MacFarlane
Thanks guys, those are helpful (if somewhat harder to implement in Anki - particularly the if X is at A, where is Y stuff).

Appreciate the feedback.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Anki deck construction (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL