The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Linking Ring Reviews "Penny Dreadful Detective" (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
From The Linking Ring, October 2018; p.109
Penny Dreadful Detective: A Game of Psychic Deduction
Christopher Taylor. Taylor Imagineering. Available from http://taylorimagineering.com/shop/penny-dreadful-detective/. $39.95.

“Penny Dreadful Detective” is one of the most versatile, easy to use, and entertaining storylines I have come across in fifteen years of performing, creating, and reviewing mentalism and bizarre magic effects. I first saw it at the East Coast Spirit Session Bizarre Magic Convention in January. I liked it so much that I bought it for myself months before it came in for review. I have been using it since then because the storyline is different and completely open to interpretation depending on the audience. As presented by Chris Taylor, “Penny Dreadful Detective” is not a scary, complex, or bizarre magic effect. At the same time, it’s not your typical mentalism routine and you can create a darker or séance-like aura around it if you choose. It plays for any kind of audience, runs seven to ten minutes, and fits in your pocket.
The storyline is centered on the Penny Dreadful publishing phenomena of Edwardian England. Penny Dreadfuls were highly illustrated murder and supernatural mysteries published in serial form on a weekly basis, costing only a penny. The effect is presented as a psychic parlour game where you use a pendulum (in the form of a pocket watch) and some vintage photograph game cards to determine who the killer is and what time the murder occurred.
Taylor Imagineering is the premiere creator and producer of high-end PK and mechanical mentalism, storytelling, and bizarre magic apparatus. While “Penny Dreadful Detective” uses no mechanical apparatus, Chris Taylor has created a wonderful storyline and beautiful props to accompany it. The included miniature [pocket]watch and vintage photo game cards all add to the entertainment value. As bizarre and storytelling effects go, and given the versatility of the storyline, $39.95 is a bargain.

Highly recommended.
Rolando Santos

http://taylorimagineering.com/shop/penny-dreadful-detective/

Click here to view attached image.
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I have this and can't give it anything but the highest praise, A GREAT routine and the props are beautiful.. No regrets getting this on my part.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Linking Ring Reviews "Penny Dreadful Detective" (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL