The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Chrome vs. Nickel cup finish? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris.Z
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Chris.Z
Am plotting a new set of RNT cups. (Foxy 3's) I like the silver look for this set, but I'm wondering what's the difference between the Chrome and the Nickel finish? Any preference one way or the other?
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1274 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Ask Donnie
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1521 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Only pimps carry chrome.
Gen. George Patton
Remember, slightly less than two present of all UFO sightings turn out to be actual extraterrestrial craft.
Borrow three wide brimmed felt hats from the audience.
Dr. Harlan Tarbell
Chris.Z
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Chris.Z
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2018, ringmaster wrote:
Only pimps carry chrome.
Gen. George Patton

I can't tell if that's meant to be an endorsement or not.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
1765 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
The difference is that a Nickel plated cup has a chromium plating over top of the Nickel. 2 factors play into the Chromium coating, 1 you won't need to polish the Nickel as it will patina black, 2. and this is the most important
a large percentage of the population is allergic to Nickel, the Chromium coat will make them safe to handle when applied right.

Jake Jr.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Grey
View Profile
New user
Portland, OR
39 Posts

Profile of Grey
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2018, ringmaster wrote:
Only pimps carry chrome.
Gen. George Patton

I was interested in this quote, and did a little looking for the context he used it in. He may have been answering a question about his own handguns.

Here is a different version of the quote:

Son, only a pimp in a Louisiana *** house carries pearl handled revolvers, these are ivory.

No reference to chrome though.

🍻
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. Jim Elliot 1927-1956
KeithP
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of KeithP
A mirror chrome finish on a cup may expose a palmed ball in its reflection during performance.
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1274 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
It could but I have never found that to be a problem. Others have in the past.
If you video a practice session then you can adjust your hand position to not expose at the wrong moment or at any moment.
The size of your working surface also allows for proper blocking of the hand position to not expose or reflect in the mirror surface.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Chrome vs. Nickel cup finish? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL