The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes Ľ Ľ Next Darwin Ortiz book (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rachmaninov
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
Iím a huge fan of Darwin Ortiz books. I donít like so much the performer. But his books are so great. And they are very pleasant to study.

Lessons in Card Mastery is now more than 6 years old. Iím pretty sure he has created a lot of material since that time. Anyone knows if he is planning to publish a new work ?
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5464 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Such kind words for a V.I.P. member here. Have you seen Mr. Ortiz perform?
Jerry Danes
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Jerry Danes
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2018, Rachmaninov wrote:
Iím a huge fan of Darwin Ortiz books. I donít like so much the performer. But his books are so great. And they are very pleasant to study.

Lessons in Card Mastery is now more than 6 years old. Iím pretty sure he has created a lot of material since that time. Anyone knows if he is planning to publish a new work ?

I agree, I really hope that he will publish a new cardbook soon. However I do think he is a great performer. Let us hope for the best Rachmaninov =)

I can also recommend Jason Ladanye, he is a former student of Darwin and he has a book coming out any day now.

Jerry
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
Yes, Iíve watched him again and again. I donít like his style. His sleight of hand is of the highest level but lacks relaxation in my opinion. But I admit that it is just a matter of personal taste. And again, to me, his material is amongst the best ever published. I like his analytical abilities too, They pleased the mind in a great way.
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
542 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
For those interested and in the area, Darwin Ortiz will be lecturing at IBM Ring 50 in Alexandria, VA, Wednesday November 7th. And right before him, on November 4th we will have a workshop with Dani DaOrtiz (as far as I know they are not related, and their magic styles could not be more different).
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
Lucky men who are living in the area !
Jerry Danes
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Jerry Danes
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2018, marc_carrion wrote:
For those interested and in the area, Darwin Ortiz will be lecturing at IBM Ring 50 in Alexandria, VA, Wednesday November 7th. And right before him, on November 4th we will have a workshop with Dani DaOrtiz (as far as I know they are not related, and their magic styles could not be more different).

Does anyone know if the lecture will be filmed and later released? And also, has he told in advance which effects that will be performed and explained?

The lastest lecture he did that can be purchased was in 2014 as far as I know. It would be great to watch a new one.

Jerry
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
542 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
Hi Jerry, unfortunately no, we won't record the lecture. He said it will be very similar to the last lecture he did at the Magic Castle.
Jerry Danes
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Jerry Danes
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2018, marc_carrion wrote:
Hi Jerry, unfortunately no, we won't record the lecture. He said it will be very similar to the last lecture he did at the Magic Castle.

Ok, thanks. I did not know he performed at the magic castle. When was that? Is it possible to purchase the lecture?

Jerry
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4798 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I look forward to his next book, I have everything he published and I truly like everything he published.
I perform a lot of Ortiz effects and they are wonderful creations.

I have seen Darwin Ortiz live in Blackpool and that was a great experience, he did some incredible cardmagic for us.

Last Laugh by Darwin Ortiz, watch him do an amazing card effect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cBJIUBGZlk

I do this effect often, its a "killer" effect, sure.
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
Itís a fooler ! Iíve read it a long time ago, Iíve seen it many times on tape. Iíve just watched it with your link, and Iím fooled !
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1598 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
"Last Laugh" by Darwin Ortiz: totally mind blowing. Thanks for posting that Kjellstrom.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes Ľ Ľ Next Darwin Ortiz book (13 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL