The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby, Canada
2787 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
After giving it a lot of thought, here's the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a 240ish page PDF for learning card magic, available for free.

https://theburnabykid.com/nwmb/2018/10/1......knavery/

Inside are 12 chapters of material, including dozens of techniques, over 70 tricks, and essays about magic theory.

I'm distributing it under a creative commons license (more details within the PDF itself in the book's Introduction). There are some relevant terms in there involving how to share this with others, but otherwise, if you want to download the PDF and start learning, it's available for free.

Hope you guys have had a good weekend!
A screed for scams, sorcery, and other shenanigans... Nu Way Magick Blogge

JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
mlippo
View Profile
Special user
Trieste (Italy)
859 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Thank you Andrew!

I've just downloaded it.
It'll take some time to read ...

Well guys, we may have another source to choose if we want to start the wonderful journey into card magic!

Mark
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
425 Posts

Profile of gomerel
I haven't read through all of it. (I'm not a card guy.) But it looks great. The interludes will be helpful for all beginning magicians.
Lord Anacho
View Profile
Regular user
Kessel-Lo, Belgium
138 Posts

Profile of Lord Anacho
I like it!. I'm always interested in perusing beginner's texts, and this seems very nice! Well Done Kid! Smile
"The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything" (Alfred Borden in The Prestige)
MikeDVx
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of MikeDVx
Very cool. Working through RRCM right now, and modern comments are welcomed. Thanks for the effort!
SaltyDog
View Profile
New user
Australia
12 Posts

Profile of SaltyDog
A big Thank You for making this available. I am looking forward to going through it more detail. Good On You!
gismo
View Profile
New user
Germany
50 Posts

Profile of gismo
Great job, thank you
TeddyBoy
View Profile
Regular user
New York, NY
141 Posts

Profile of TeddyBoy
Super effort...a true labor of love!
So many sleights...so little time.
Cheers,

Teddy
ActionJack
View Profile
New user
Pacific NW
50 Posts

Profile of ActionJack
You put a lot of effort into this. Thank you. I have only just started to peruse it but it looks very well done.
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1927 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Amazing!
vanp8
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of vanp8
I can't wait to start studying your book. Definitely a keeper. Thank You.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL