The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Easy to Execute Card Trickery Four - J Jones (A Magic Portal review) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
742 Posts

Profile of canaday
Easy to Execute Card Trickery Four - J Jones
$10.50 for the video download, the e-book comes with the download
$12 shipped (US) for the DVD, the ebook and video download comes with the DVD

Hype:
Are you looking for practical card tricks that are easy to do? If you are, you have found the right video. All the tricks are impromptu and you can upgrade to the Video download or DVD by paying the price difference

My Take:
I received the package as a digital download.But for a small additional charge you will receive a DVD of the files. I received three video files teaching the six effects plus a pdf of all the tricks. Plus, there are demo videos of each trick accessible through his website.

The video doesn't have the flash of say, one by Big Blind Media or Sansmind, but teaching angles are excellent.

Each of the tricks is based on a previously published trick by a number of people. This is Jack's re-workings of those effects.

Impromptu Observation Test with Aces - This is a reworking of a Nick Trost effect. Nick was famous for fabulous card tricks with a minimum of sleights so not only is this a good trick but it is easily done. It has a feel towards the end of Doc Daley's Last Trick although with an entirely different method. A nice tutorial on the Erdnase Color Change is included Jack seems to be very diligent in his crediting such as crediting Richard Kaufman with the Radical Change.

Random Thot Expanded - This is Jack improvement on the Karl Fulves effect, Random Thot. This is a fooler but I do have a problem with the method. The spectator has to do two different shuffles to achieve the outcome. I feel this would not only be confusing to the spectator but it makes the trick unnecessarily long. This is one I will probably pass on.

B+D Revisited - a reworking of Kyle MacNeill's Box + Deck. Very nice transposition effect. A King has the word "Box" written on the back and lost into the deck. Another card is chosen and the word "Deck" is written on its back. This card is placed into the empty card box. When the deck is spread, the King has reappeared in the face down deck. The card removed from the box is shown to be the selection. The words have also switched cards. Very nice and easy method. Good for walk around except each time you do it, you lose two cards. This one is a keeper.

Prediction and Change City - Based on Also Columbini's "Discre-Panza. which, in itelf, is based on John Bannon's Discrepancy City Prediction in his book, "Impossibilia" Starting with something like these would make it very difficult not to come up with a winner. Easy to do and a nice effect. I was a little surprised that the trick being based on Discrepancy City Prediction that the Discrepancy City Count was not used but a fine trick nonetheless. However, one of my all time favorite moves, the Kosky Invisible Swith, is taught. This is something you will definitely add to your arsenal. Two alternate endings for the trick are also given.

No Turn Away Overtime. - Based on David Acer's "Overtime". This is the strongest effect in the video as far as I am concerned. A chosen card is placed into the deck and part of the deck turns over. On a second time, the entire deck turns over except for the chosen card. A Triumph style effect with very little work. An alternate ending is also given for this one.

From Nowhere to Here - based on Peter Duffie's "From Nowhere". The video ends with a nice four card coincidence. Once again, easy to do and it packs a punch. The card controls are pretty standard, non-sleight and deceptive.

For the money, this is a nice set of tricks. The price is comparable to a lot of digital downloads where you only receive one trick. Jack is very thorough in his crediting of both effects and moves. This will give you an idea where to look if one thing particularly grabs your interest. All tricks are easy to do and would be a nice addition especially for someone who does not specialize in cards. The Erdnase Color Change is utilized on several of the routines. The video quality is very reminiscent of a lot of Youtube videos. Not high quality but the information is all there. All in all, a good value for the money.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Easy to Execute Card Trickery Four - J Jones (A Magic Portal review) (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL