The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Just trying to provide comfort (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I was taking a leisure stroll walking through the cemetery one evening, just about sunset, when these two girls came along, obviously taking a short cut home from downtown. I over heard one say, "I hate cemeteries."
I was curious so I interrupted their walk, "Why do you hate cemeteries?"
"Because they are so creepy," she replied as her friend nodded in agreement.
I looked at them with a distant stare and replied, "Oh, I understand, I use to think that way too, when I was still alive."
For overweight girls they could really run.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Just the right amount of cruelty! Well played/written sir...
I've asked to be banned
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Smile
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2018, IAIN wrote:
Just the right amount of cruelty! Well played/written sir...

Thank you Iain, balance comes with the job.
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Willie, you never fail the crack me up. Keep the jokes coming my friend.
Bob
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Nice one Willie, we have a phrase in England “He scared the Willies out of me” seems both appropriate and highly inappropriate in this circumstance for oh so many reasons.

I have a similar story which I trot out at least twice a year on the Café in the hope that there might just be someone out there who hasn’t heard it already:

It’s about the time I walked back to my hotel through the Churchyard of St Peter’s in Bournemouth late one cold winters night. Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley’s grave is there and I plucked up the courage to go and see it. Whilst standing by the grave I heard a tap, tap, tap coming from somewhere in the darkness. I was tempted to run but decided to investigate. As I got nearer to the graves deep in the dark shadows cast by a large mausoleum I heard it again louder, tap, tap, tap. I shone my torch and there in the beam was a little old man with a hammer and chisel crouching by a gravestone “****” I exclaimed with relief, “you frightened the **** out of me, why are you doing that in the dark , in the middle of the night?” He slowly looked up at me with big dark eyes and said very slowly......”They...spelt.....my.....name....wrong”
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2018, Bogbadger wrote:
Nice one Willie, we have a phrase in England “He scared the Willies out of me” seems both appropriate and highly inappropriate in this circumstance for oh so many reasons.

I have a similar story which I trot out at least twice a year on the Café in the hope that there might just be someone out there who hasn’t heard it already:

It’s about the time I walked back to my hotel through the Churchyard of St Peter’s in Bournemouth late one cold winters night. Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley’s grave is there and I plucked up the courage to go and see it. Whilst standing by the grave I heard a tap, tap, tap coming from somewhere in the darkness. I was tempted to run but decided to investigate. As I got nearer to the graves deep in the dark shadows cast by a large mausoleum I heard it again louder, tap, tap, tap. I shone my torch and there in the beam was a little old man with a hammer and chisel crouching by a gravestone “****” I exclaimed with relief, “you frightened the **** out of me, why are you doing that in the dark , in the middle of the night?” He slowly looked up at me with big dark eyes and said very slowly......”They...spelt.....my.....name....wrong”

I like that story. Keep telling it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Just trying to provide comfort (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL