The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Best places to buy used magic books at reasonable prices (53 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
EvilClown
View Profile
New user
Richmond, VA
69 Posts

Profile of EvilClown
In addition to the selling forum on here (which I will qualify for one day), the magic book sales and swap group on Facebook and eBay, what are the best sources you check for fairly priced magic books?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I find the forum here (when you get there) is the best. Amazon is ridiculous and ebay is all over the place price wise. I do not frequent facebook so I cannot speak for any of those groups.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
DiegoNovati
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of DiegoNovati
Unfortunately I don’t have access to that area of the forum yet.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Keep participating and you will.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
ekins
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
513 Posts

Profile of ekins
It's always worth checking Amazon. Usually the prices can be crazy but I've gotten some great deals there. For the used items, people set their own prices and it's a place where often sellers are trying to take advantage of an unknowledgeable buyer. But there are good sellers too that post at reasonable prices. However, those items don't tend to last long. So, it's worth checking.

As far as eBay, it's a good place to get a rough idea of the current market price. When you search for an item, you can change the search criteria to only see "SOLD" items. You want "SOLD" and not "COMPLETED" to only see the auctions where someone actually paid a price. There are a lot of things outrageously priced, like Amazon, but they don't sell either. But if you limit the search to only sold items and if there are several that were sold it will give you an idea of the current fair market price.

One other place that has been around for a long time (and their website design shows it) is http://magicauction.com/. It's worth a look there too.
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Inner circle
1076 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
Magic auction is way over priced.

Check H&R magic books. Great deals and a huge amount of books there.
EvilClown
View Profile
New user
Richmond, VA
69 Posts

Profile of EvilClown
I find the inventory on used stuff at H&R...especially higher demand items like Essential Dai Vernon (which is something of my white whale to find at an affordable price)..is limited. I understand Andy Greget is a good source, but I wish he had a website to refer to.
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Inner circle
1076 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
The good items are not shown on the website. If you want something particular, just ask directly to Richard.
Peckham
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Peckham
Some of the various magic groups on Facebook have decent deals....
EvilClown
View Profile
New user
Richmond, VA
69 Posts

Profile of EvilClown
I have had some luck on Facebook but the selection is very limited and unpredictable--I only see a couple of people adding new books to the sales offers on a given day and much of what is offered is commonly available beyond the group.
AsL
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of AsL
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2018, Poof-Daddy wrote:
I find the forum here (when you get there) is the best. Amazon is ridiculous and ebay is all over the place price wise. I do not frequent facebook so I cannot speak for any of those groups.

I agree with Poof-Daddy. I certainly do my best to sell used magic books there at very fair prices...it's just my way of feeling like I'm giving back to the community that's gave to me. Amazon seems atrociously high quite a bit and eBay is everywhere. So I 2nd Poof-Daddy.

AsL
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Byron Walker--the best bar none.

https://www.byronwalkermagicbooks.com/
DiegoNovati
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of DiegoNovati
Thank you Leo,

I didn’t know that shop.

Diego
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Inner circle
1076 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
Nice list at decent prices. Thanks Leo.

Don’t forget the Genii collector’s marketplace too.
Alan M
View Profile
Elite user
California
433 Posts

Profile of Alan M
Byron also has lots of books not on his site. Always worth giving him a call to check.
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Inner circle
1076 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
Same for other used books sellers. If you want something, contact them directly.
ActionJack
View Profile
Regular user
Pacific NW
120 Posts

Profile of ActionJack
I have had some luck on occasion finding used magic books locally at Half Price Books. I am not sure if these are all over the US.
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
If you're in the UK, great group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/372879069452071/
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Dan Bradbury is another person who sells used books.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Martin Joyal has a large collection of used books for sale. I’ve bought from him in the past, and I can vouch for him:
www.joyalstack.com
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Best places to buy used magic books at reasonable prices (53 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL