The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Svengali - Bicycle deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

iwebexp
View Profile
New user
Ardmore, Oklahoma
25 Posts

Profile of iwebexp
Using a Svengali-Bicycle deck, is this an actual Bicycle deck, or does it just have the design on back to make it look like a Bicycle deck? (i.e. is it poker size or pinochle.) I bought a Royal deck, because the Bicycle was sold out and it was a Pinochle size. Most all trick decks that I have come across are all Pinochle size and very cheaply made. I would like a real Bicycle Svengali and Invisible deck.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
James
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
I have the Svengali and the invisible deck, both made from Bicycle deck. Very good quality and worth buying. Smile
Bernard Sim
Paul Menzel
View Profile
Special user
Boise, Idaho
530 Posts

Profile of Paul Menzel
If your local shop does not carry Svengali and Invisible decks in Bikes, there are plenty of places online where you can order them. http://www.discountmagic.com is quick and reliable and has them available at a reasonable price (I know the current owner).

In general, it is a good idea to use the same brand for gimmicked decks that you use for regular decks whenever possible. It may make it harder for you to keep track of your own cards, but it also helps throw your audience off the scent Smile
magiciandude
View Profile
New user
Utah
67 Posts

Profile of magiciandude
Well I'm not sure but I think it is a svengali deck with a bike back and the bike decks are usually poker size.

Lance R. Wilson
Magic is the psychology of the audience.
-Lance Wilson
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
My Svengali pack is made buy...wait for it...Marvin's Magic! Nice White Borders, works very nicely, best bit is, it was £10 for Allders (Thats right..Allders!). A good fun, truely magical pack of cards, I really do enjoy baffling people with them!
Jester
:clownjuggling:
Musashi
View Profile
Regular user
Oregon
132 Posts

Profile of Musashi
...best bit is, it was £10 for Allders (Thats right..Allders!)...

And an Allders for us newbies would be......
"Care for a Jelly Baby?"
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
Allders wouldn't be a magic shop! Check out their homepage if you don't have them in your country: http://www.allders.com/Welcome.go
I can't find their selection of magical items on-line, but if you know Marvin's Magic, they sell a bunch of their stuff.
Jester
:clownjuggling:
Steven the Amusing
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco Bay Area
117 Posts

Profile of Steven the Amusing
Jester:
Perhaps we're speaking English and American, but Pinochle is a card GAME usually played with "Poker" sized cards, but using a special deck that has a double of all cards 9 thru Ace. [That is "Pinochle does not imply a card size, but a specific deck content].

The standard deck sizes (in the US, at least) are called "Bridge" and "Poker." Poker being the wider size. The cards are the same length.

Theoretically any cards that have "bicycle" design backs are in fact Bicycle cards made by the US Playing Card company. If not, someone is violating copyrights Smile

Svengali decks (like stripper decks) are usually made from standard decks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Svengali - Bicycle deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL