The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » WellAttended Summit - November 1-4, 2018 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

manofcards
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of manofcards
Hello! I'm teaming up with the SAM to produce a free online convention this Thursday - Sunday, November 1-4, 2018. Each day, the videos go live at 9:00am MDT and will be available to watch for 24 hours. You can also purchase the videos as a package to watch at any time.

Over 20 professional entertainers, producers, and actors are sharing their secrets on how to be successful. You'll learn step-by-step marketing strategies, how to book more gigs, how to sell out shows, and more. Pour yourself a cup of coffee, get in a comfy chair, and start learning.

Register to get free access at https://wellattendedsummit.com

Here is the schedule:

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Thom Britton - The Steps to Become a Full Time Theater Performer
Bill Abbott - Personalizing Your Presentations and Selling Products
David Serero - Achieving Success Against All Odds
Gary Berg - How to Find and Work with an Agent
David DaVinci - Leveraging Your Talent to Get Free Publicity

Friday, November 2, 2018

Bill Gladwell - The Benefits of Performing in Tourist Destinations
Brad Shur - Getting Your Show Booked in a Theater
Dan Holzman - Creating a Successful Act Lasting Over 30 Years
David Parr - Finding Your Creative Voice and Developing New Material
Philip Peredo - How to Secure Investor Funding and ROI Strategies

Saturday, November 3, 2018

Paul Draper - How to Get on TV and Get Celebrity Endorsements
Art Grueneberger - How to Make $250,000 a Year with Corporate Contracts
Freya West - How to Diversify Your Income and Make a Living with Burlesque
Matt Marberry - Producing Multiple Shows Across the Country
Peter Boie - Making a Living with College Shows

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Brad Montgomery - The Secrets to Increasing Your Bookings
Evasons - How the Mentalist Duo Books Their Act in Various Markets
JC Sum - How to Use the Trinity of Success to Build you Career
Peter Michael Marino - How to Perform and Get Reviews at Fringe Festivals
Marty Wilson - Tapping into the Wisdom of Your Network
Joe Diamond - Marketing Strategies to Sell Out Shows

Register Now!

We have so many amazing lectures coming up. Be sure to save some time to watch this week so you don't miss this opportunity to grow your business.

Once again, get free access at https://wellattendedsummit.com

I'll see you there!

William Rader
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
I've watched a few when I could. While they are enjoyable, they seem to be just glorified (and sometimes rehashed) well attended podcasts. I like the podcasts a lot, but I don't personally see the value in paying for these interviews like I did the Magic Summit. I like William and his well attended products. This one is just a bit of miss for me.

One of the things the original summit had going for it was it had some pretty heavy hitters like Rick Thomas, Reza, Josh Knotts, Tim Clothier, Brad Ross and DaVinci himself all have / Work in very legit large scale illusion shows. This mixed in with smaller performers gave some added value in my opinion. that's me and my personal interests though.
Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
Listened to several of the speakers: felt like long podcasts with very little useable material.
I prefer printed materials
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Anyone else care to share their thoughts on this?
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
After EMC these half-pie things just seem amateur and old hat. David Davinci’s one was a flop as well. You guys running them trying to make money out of magicians should just stick to doing your shows etc. If you’re doing half as well as you claim to be then you wouldn’t even bother running these sort of things. That Brad Ross Guy is the same. All image and talk and bravado. It’s selling success to people who think success can be purchased.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
What's EMC?
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Essential Magic Conference - http://essentialmagiccollection.com/# Here is the related collection.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
I definitely think there is a market for what Davinci and Well Attended are trying to do. I just don't think they have cracked the code for providing exactly what the market is looking for. For me personally, Davinci's event was closer than Well Attended. But really what you need is real pros answering the REAL questions. Does Rick Thomas want to openly discuss the deals he has had in Vegas and Brnason? Probably not. But that is where the real value would come in for me. If someone coudl get Steve Cohen or Dennis Watkins to talk real numbers about the hotel shows, what marketing has worked and not worked for them etc. THAT is where I would be willing to pay big $$$. Again.. there is a reason these guys wouldn't want to disclose this info, Davinci managed to get a few people like Bill Gladwell and Josh Knotts, and Gary Carson to talk about some real numbers and marketing info, but many of the performers he interviewed like Finney just wanted to brag about the celeb's they've worked with.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » WellAttended Summit - November 1-4, 2018 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL