The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » When did Geller come out of the closet? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
When he wrote the intro to David Berglas' book
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
mantel
View Profile
Veteran user
380 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2018, Rocketeer wrote:
(oops--phone burped) . . . deadpan that he was the real deal. When, where and why did he come clean? Anybody? Anybody


Some time in 2009. I cant remember where or why, though James Randi posted this in protest:

James Randi on Uri Geller's Reversal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhgDKG5Cpf8
mantel
View Profile
Veteran user
380 Posts

Profile of mantel
CORRECTION 2008, according to this Wikipedia article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uri_Geller#Paranormal_claims

Quote:
In February 2008, Geller stated in the TV show The Next Uri Geller (a German version of The Successor) that he did not have any supernatural powers, before winking to the camera.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2328 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2018, mantel wrote:
CORRECTION 2008, according to this Wikipedia article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uri_Geller#Paranormal_claims

Quote:
In February 2008, Geller stated in the TV show The Next Uri Geller (a German version of The Successor) that he did not have any supernatural powers, before winking to the camera.

how is this coming clean?
Djin
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Djin
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2018, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2018, mantel wrote:
CORRECTION 2008, according to this Wikipedia article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uri_Geller#Paranormal_claims

Quote:
In February 2008, Geller stated in the TV show The Next Uri Geller (a German version of The Successor) that he did not have any supernatural powers, before winking to the camera.

how is this coming clean?


A confession that he doesn't have supernatural powers followed by a wink is still the truth.....and a wink. The wink leaves the wonderment intact for those who want it.

If I may digress (it's the internet, so I'm going to digress....) Geller has made real magic. He, like any magician, performed illusions and created effects. Magic, real magic...takes place in the audience's mind. The moment of wonderment where they think for a minute "did he?.... WOW!" is the magic. Geller made people believe that room temperature steel can flow like hot wax because of magic, and they LOVED IT. They felt wonderment for years. That's magic. He got them to believe in part by staying in character for a few decades. That had to be hard work. I couldn't do it. Could you?

So his confession had an "out." Cool. I'd rather see that than see him do a Netflix special showing how he did it all those years.
Joe Atmore
View Profile
Elite user
Joe Atmore
420 Posts

Profile of Joe Atmore
Quote:
In February 2008, Geller stated in the TV show The Next Uri Geller (a German version of The Successor) that he did not have any supernatural powers, before winking to the camera.

Quote:
A confession that he doesn't have supernatural powers followed by a wink is still the truth.....and a wink. The wink leaves the wonderment intact for those who want it.


You nailed it. That was exactly what we were after. And it screwed with the press.
Best Thoughts,

Joe Atmore
International Artists Consultant Uri Geller's Phenomenon TV Series;
PEA Bob Haines Memorial Award;
Dunninger Show Recreation;
Author of Dunninger Knows and Dunninger's Brain Busters

JosephAtmore.com
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2527 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
I have no problem with Uri as an entertainer. In that capacity I think he has excelled.

But how, I wonder, does this square with getting paid by companies for divining? Was that done as entertainment or could it be considered to be a form of fraud? Or are Geller’s claims about being employed in this capacity merely showbiz bull?

I think if I had paid someone a fee to find gold, oil or some other commodity and the engagement turned out to be based on claims of abilities that were knowingly falsly made I might consider I’d been a victim of fraud. Of course I would also be a victim of my own stupidity but that can often be said of anyvictim who has been unfortunate enough to have been scammed.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
I think he actually "discover" some oil fields but having studied geology, if you dig far down enough just about anywhere you'll discover oil.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » When did Geller come out of the closet? (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL