The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Harry Anderson FAKE Routine Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GalloMagic
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of GalloMagic
Hi All, I have a question in regards to a routine of Harry Anderson's, in which I want to know if he ever published. The routine I'm referring to can be found in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fR2deVXE9E at about the 4:35 mark. I'm aware that he put out a similar routine called Jumbo Marked, however with that routine you do not have the turning over of the cards sequence.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I don't believe Harry revealed this effect or the effects he performed on the David Letterman show. I could never find them.
Emory Kimbrough
View Profile
New user
Tuscaloosa, AL
94 Posts

Profile of Emory Kimbrough
The Jumbo Marked that Harry Anderson performed was not his invention - John Cornelius is the inventor. I recall seeing Anderson perform Jumbo Marked on a different TV special, using the cards supplied by John Cornelius - The cards were ace through four and turned over in order, making the plot easy for spectators to follow. It was known as both "Marked" and "Marked for Life." Unfortunately, Jumbo Marked has been off the market for many years. The performance in the video you linked to appears to be edited down from a longer routine. The method is essentially identical to the original Cornelius routine. Anderson had the FAKE cards made just for his use - he never marketed or published it since it was not his to release.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have John Cornelius's "Marked" with regular size cards, They have a large "X" on each one. I don't believe the routine was anything like what Harry did in that video. It has been many years since I performed "Marked", I really like the effect, so much I wore the cards out. I wonder where I put those cards and instructions, hum.
Emory Kimbrough
View Profile
New user
Tuscaloosa, AL
94 Posts

Profile of Emory Kimbrough
I have - and use - both the poker-sized and jumbo-sized versions. For the jumbo version, you have to switch from the usual Elmsley count that's viewed from above to the Elmsley count done with the cards facing forward, but it's still an Elmsley count so the poker-sized Cornelius original and the Anderson FAKE really are the same.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Harry Anderson FAKE Routine Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL